Wtt: Mks 550 19"

brandonflood123

Established Member
these are brand new in the box, i bought them for my Shelby and turns out i would have to buy a spacer for them to clear my front brakes i dont want to deal with that. the sizes are 19X8.5/9.5 pm me or post what you have and ill let you know. your wheels must clear brembos, im looking for 19" wheels with a similar staggered fit ment. 19x8.5/10 or 9.5. let me know what you have.

the wheels are matte black

Ua6soIF.jpg

4FfHoBU.jpg

TurboX2

Established Member
Interesting, I've been looking at these in gunmetal and Marc from MKS was confident the 8.5 would fit with Brembo's.... Get any pictures while they were on the car?

brandonflood123

Established Member
Interesting, I've been looking at these in gunmetal and Marc from MKS was confident the 8.5 would fit with Brembo's.... Get any pictures while they were on the car?

i don't have any pictures of them on the car i never installed them, i only took one out of the box and it wouldn't fit i bought a spacer and there isn't enough lug space left to safely thread. now i have somebody sending me a 3mm spacer instead of the 5mm that i have if his 3mm works then I'm going to keep them other wise you will have to use the 5mm spacer and arp wheel studs to make them work also will have to have open ended lug bolts.

TurboX2

Established Member
Won't they just take them back if they were supposed to fit? I'm very surprised 5mm is enough to cause a problem, that's just barely over .2". If that really doesn't work, then 3mm (less than 1/10 inch more thread) isn't going to work either...

brandonflood123

Established Member
Won't they just take them back if they were supposed to fit? I'm very surprised 5mm is enough to cause a problem, that's just barely over .2". If that really doesn't work, then 3mm (less than 1/10 inch more thread) isn't going to work either...

well the 5mm will work but i dont think theres enouph thread to make it considered"safe" i have another member on here that said the 3mm one worked for him, so all i can do is try. and i dont know if they will take them back ive had them for a while and just got around to trying to get them mounted

TurboX2

Established Member
A general rule of thumb I believe is you want as much thread engagement as the diameter of the fastener, so if its a 1/2" stud you'd want 1/2" or more of thread engagement. Do you know if the other member with them has pics up?

brandonflood123

Established Member
A general rule of thumb I believe is you want as much thread engagement as the diameter of the fastener, so if its a 1/2" stud you'd want 1/2" or more of thread engagement. Do you know if the other member with them has pics up?

he doesnt have these same wheels, he just had the same issue with some wheels the same im having

Users who are viewing this thread