WTT: Gunmetal 18x9/10 Saleens for 99/01 Cobra Wheels/Tires - PREFER LOCAL, HOUSTON,TX

HoustonGT

Established Member
***UPDATE**** ***9/15*** ***UPDATE***
Hey SVTP,

Well, the time has come for me to move on and try to get rid of the 01 Cobra for a more practical ride for now.

I am trading the car in and wanting to return it as close to stock as possible, so time to get rid of the gunmetal saleens.

I need a set of stock 99/01 wheels AND tires; I don't care if the wheels are chrome or the cheaper painted gray ones or if they are not completely perfect (not dented or horribly curb-rashed). I would prefer that the tires have at least a good 70-80% tread life left, so i can drive on them for a month or two and still trade the car in without getting dinged for them.
I might consider consider some 03-04 machined wheels as well.

Seeing as the car is my daily driver and I live in Houston,TX, I need this to be LOCAL ONLY so we can meet up and swap wheels. Willing to drive an hour or two to make it happen as well.

Info on my wheels:

*Purchased at the end of April and have been on car for less than 5 months
*No curb rashes, nicks; they look pretty much brand new
*Front tires are Sumitomo HTR-ZII's (245/40/18) with roughly 80-90% tread left (mounted brand new with the wheels) and fit perfectly on the 9" fronts

***UPDATED***
*Rear tires are Falken 452's (265/35/18) and have about 90% tread left (8-9/32nds). They run pretty wide for a 265 and are the same width as the 275 Michelins I had on here before.

I have bought plenty of items off of the forums, and know everyone is looking for a fair deal, so i figured a breakdown would help keep it legit.
The only place that I could find that still sells the gunmetal saleens (w/o rivets) is Cruizin Concepts and that is what I used for my pricing.

1.) 18x9/10 Gunmetal Saleens + Shipping (Cruizin Concepts) $660
2.) 245/40/18 Sumitomo HTR-ZII + Shipping (Tirerack OR OnlineTires.com) $290
3.) 265/35/18 Falken 452's $400

TOTAL - $1350 give or take

I am not exactly sure how much cash to ask for on top of the factory wheels/tires as it depends on the type, but since I have to list a price ill list a random one of Factory Wheels/Tire + $550 OBO.

IMG00150-20110324-1216.jpg

IMG00151-20110324-1229.jpg

IMG00149-20110324-1216.jpg

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Damn, if you were within driving distance, I have a set of '99 Cobra wheels with basically brand new Sumitomo tires all the way around.

Good luck, the Saleens look to be in great shape.

HoustonGT

Established Member
Yea, that would be perfect.

I'd be willing to drive locally around the southeast Texas area, but Virginia is a bit out of my reach haha

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I'll just throw it out there since i'll be in houston in 2 weeks. I have stock bullitts off my 01 Bullitt with good tires if you are at all interested.

HoustonGT

Established Member
I'll just throw it out there since i'll be in houston in 2 weeks. I have stock bullitts off my 01 Bullitt with good tires if you are at all interested.

Id love to do that, but don't want the "honest" salesguys to try and dock me on trade in value for having non-factory cobra parts as they usually do with modded vehicles.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
It was worth a shot. Let me know if you change your mind because these are what i've been looking for!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I was trying to figure a way to help you out, b/c I'd love to have those wheels and get my stockers out to you. I'd have to essentially ship my wheels your way and hope you don't screw me over by lagging on shipping the Saleens, etc.

By the time I paid you money on top for the wheels, paid to have mine shipped to you, bought new rear tires and had them mounted, I'd be looking at $700-$800 invested, and for that much I might as well just buy all brand new. I know this doesn't help you out any, just kinda the way I was looking at things.

Good luck w/everything before the trade-in.

HoustonGT

Established Member
I was trying to figure a way to help you out, b/c I'd love to have those wheels and get my stockers out to you. I'd have to essentially ship my wheels your way and hope you don't screw me over by lagging on shipping the Saleens, etc.

By the time I paid you money on top for the wheels, paid to have mine shipped to you, bought new rear tires and had them mounted, I'd be looking at $700-$800 invested, and for that much I might as well just buy all brand new. I know this doesn't help you out any, just kinda the way I was looking at things.

Good luck w/everything before the trade-in.

Yea, that's exactly how i saw it as well actually. That was the main reasoning for the local trade and not bothering with the money involved in shipping.
I figured it like this; I see 99/01 cobra wheels selling for ~400 with tires sometimes even 350, so if i got 425-450 cash on top of it, both people would walk away happy in the scenario.

HoustonGT

Established Member
TTT, considering upgrading the back tires to pretty much brand new ones! PM and we can work out a deal that's fair for both parties

dwtjr3

Established Member
I have factory 01 bullit wheels as well with a lot of nice tire left if you are willing

HoustonGT

Established Member
TTT, will sell these outright locally for 1000 OBO, thats more than 25% less than you would pay for new!

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
ORIGINAL POST HAS BEEN UPDATED! Need these gone in the next day or two as I am trading the car in this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread