WTT / FS Expedition & project hatch

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
The wife and I have been thinking about downsizing a bit. They just don't get enough use. Might be able to trade for something nice if they go together. KBB on the Expedition is a bit over 8, and the hatch has well over 8 in parts and labor alone. Really looking for a trade plus a little cash, in the area of $13,000 all together.

Let me know what you have, Interested in any reliable sn-95 body cobra, or even a new edge GT. Not interested in automatic's. I will be driving daily, or almost daily, so nothing to extreme. Open track/auto-x suspension mods are a plus.

The expedition is a 1998, with the 5.4 V8, 4x4, tow package , XLT, power windows and locks, leather, 3rd row seating with a/c & heat in the rear as well. It is grey with grey interior. It has 87,xxx miles on it and growing, as I drive it to work when it is raining. I just replaced the fuel pump, air filter,and the lower ball joints, had the oil changed, and got a front end alignment done. Runs great, tows perfect, Not a single issue.

And for the Hatch:
When I got her, she was still original silver with black GT decal. The paint was peeling in one or two small areas, and there was a few places of surface rust. A buddy and I sanded the whole car down, and layed down 3-4 coats of sandable primer. There is still one area a rust that needs to be dealt with on the drivers side rear quarter. I have just been enjoying driving the car, and planned on dealing with in over the winter, and painting the car then. This isn't a show car, all the work to this point, other than the little body work I have done, went into the drivetrain and suspension.

New door seals installed. The hatch seals have already been replaced as well as the hatch striker and I have door striker bushings and door hinge pin kits for it as well.

The interior is original with the exception of '04 GT two-tone cloth seats and a Kenwood CD player. It could definitely use carpet and a dash pad but is for the most part clean. No A/C (factory delete car), no power windows or lock, not even cruise.

The drivetrain/suspension is where all of the hard work has been done.
- 4K on freshened '91 5.0 shortblock. New rings/bearings, pistons were bead blasted, crank polished. Motor had about 70k on it prior to freshening. New std. volume Ford oil pump and ARP shaft. New double roller timing chain, E-cam, new Motorsport hyd. roller lifters and Crane hardened pushrods.

* GT40 iron heads, new valvesprings, 1.6 FMS roller rockers, ARP head bolts. Block/heads all detail painted (4 coats) in new Ford Grey hi-temp epoxy paint. Only thing not repainted was the oil pan. Engine does not use or leak any fluids at all.

* Tom Moss (TMOSS) ported upper/lower stock intake, 65mm spacer and 65mm BBK/Edelbrock TB. (Yes, it whistles ) 24lb injectors, 70mm MAF and ECM all removed from the same low mileage '93 Cobra were installed. Mass air conversion to OE '86 harness. K&N filter. Motorsport wireset and MSD cap/rotor, Autolite 764 plugs. All sensors were replaced except IAC. (TPS, IAT, Coolant temp, O2's), Walbro 190lph intank pump.

* Hooker equal length shortys, high flow catted H-pipe and '04 Cobra Flowmaster catback modified to fit the fox body. All emissions hardware is intact and functioning. Of all the cobra's I have owned, with various exhuast set-ups, this is probably my favorite sounding mustang. The lope at idol is perfect, and sounds great, and at WOT it sounds great!

* Great shifting T5Z trans, new FMS steel flywheel, Centerforce DF clutch, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and Steeda clutch cable/quad/firewall adjuster.

* Front Suspension: Stock GT sway bar, Poly mounts/end links. Poly bushings and Moog SN95 balljoints in OE '86 arms. Moog inner/outer tie rods, Offset rack bushings. '04 Cobra coupe springs with Poly isolators. '99 Cobra spindle/hubs, '95 Cobra 13' rotors and Cobra calipers/hoses. Mach 1 Tokico front struts.

* Rear End: '04 Cobra IRS removed from Cobra @ 4k miles. All bushings replaced with Poly. OE 31 spline Torsen diff and 3.55's. '04 Cobra coupe springs. OE Bilstien shocks, stock rear discs with new pads. Summit proportioning valve inline, stock prop is gutted/plugged. Still using OE '86 MC and booster. Subframe connectors just installed

* Car sits on OE '98 Cobra wheels 245/45/zr17 rubber with lots of life left.

Here are some pics of the hatch, I will try and get some of the expedition.

Hatch008.jpg

Hatch007.jpg

Hatch005.jpg

Hatch004.jpg

Hatch002.jpg

4-eyeengine.jpg

Hatch001.jpg

And here are just a few on the Expedition I took this morning.

expy001.jpg

expy002.jpg

expy003.jpg

Last edited:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I guess I should have stated that I would be willing to separate. Man this page moves fast, not even 12 hrs and already halfway down the second page.

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
let me know if you have any interest in a trade+ cash for an '03 mach with an IRS.
I hadn't really been looking but this really caught my attention and i want to think it over over the weekend...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread