WTT for Mach 1

dumbstixlars

Established Member
WTT: Built Fox for Mach 1

Thinking about trading my 91.

I bought the car back in 08 almost bone stock (had a shifter, exhaust, gears). Drove it off and on until April of 10' when I took it down and did the 5 lug conversion, MM suspension, and Cobra brakes. Then last year I did a drive train swap on it. I've driven it a bit while I work out the bugs (could use a new distributor), but I think I'm tired of messing with it. Car pulls real hard (faster then my Cobra) should be in the neighborhood of 400hp @ the crank. Car runs very cool, doesn't ever get above 185. The A/C always worked great until it developed a small leak right before I pulled the engine out. I traced it to one of the hoses and replaced it. Haven't charged the A/C yet due to it being cold here still. Heat works well when the motor is up to temp. Car handles well for a Fox and rides decent. Knocks out around 16-17mpg with mixed driving. Here is the full mod list, I have receipts for every part replaced, and all the blueprinting paperwork from Woody.

3.55 gears
Ranger axles
FMS aluminum driveshaft
Bilstein HD shock/struts
H&R R/T springs
Poly ISO’s front and rear
MM sub frame connectors
New poly bushings in front A arms
MM CC plates
95 spindles
95 GT ball joints (Moog)
13” rotors
Bullitt Anniversary calipers
Braided SS lines
01 Bullitt rims
Cooper Zeon tires
Reman P/S rack
Reman P/S pump
Auto Meter Cobalt Oil pressure and Water temp gauges in a gauge cage
TKO-600
MGW shifter (orange handle)
Royal Purple fluid
Ram HD clutch
FMS billet 28oz flywheel
FMS SFI scatter shield
MM quadrant/cable/FWA
Poly motor/trans mounts
Moroso 7 quart oil pan
347 built and blue printed by Woody @ Ford Strokers.com
TFS 170 heads
Comp custom cam (.571 intake, .569 exhaust, can’t remember exact duration, I have the card)
ARP oil pump shaft
Comp Chrome Moly Rockers 1.6 ratio
Double roller timing set
Power bond SFI balancer
FMS valve covers
ARP bolts throughout the engine
TFS “R” intake
30lbs FMS injectors
Accufab 75mm TB/EGR spacer
Pro-M 76MM MAF cal’d for 24lb injectors
Quarter Horse ECU control system
BBK CAI
U/D pulleys
Edelbrock billet water pump
Walbro 255LPH pump
3G alternator
PA performance charge cable (for the 3G alt)
Mishimoto 3 core aluminum radiator
Tarus fan with a DCC fan controller
Shorty hookers
Stage 8 locking header bolts
O/R h pipe
Flowmaster catback
Optima Red top
New belts/hoses done upon engine swap
New High pressure line on A/C during engine swap (been cold so I haven’t recharged the A/C yet)
111jk40.jpg

10wsmc2.jpg

140knmd.jpg

2zfskee.jpg

312cj92.jpg

300qvr5.jpg

2gvivyx.jpg

The car has the LX wing on it now. I'd say the body is 6/10 and the interior also is a 6/10, there is a little bit of rust in the hatch itself, and there are some parking lot scars. I still have the GT wing if someone wanted it. I have no idea how many miles are on the car as the speedo cluster was replaced by Ford at some point during the car's life, but you can't read the writing on the sticker anymore. I know it has to be over 100K for sure though. The suspension has about 6K miles on it, and the drive train has about 1500 miles on it (roughly). I'd be interested in a trade for an 03/04 Mach 1 or 03/04 Cobra. However I know I would need to put up some $$ on my end for a Snake, but I'm short on funds right now so I'm rather limited on how nice a car I can trade for (I can get money from my CU no problem, just don't want to go deep into debt), just depends on the car. I'm really interested in TR, SY, ZY, CO, and SB cars. I have more pics, esp of the build process in case anyone wants to see anything in particular. I also may have to add to the list later as I might have left some mods out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread