WTT Bassani side exit (fits IRS), for slp, or borla rear exit

Boosted0range

Established Member
Well my 04 came with a full bassani exhaust when i bought the car, and i like loud so shortly after i got the car home, i just swapped slp resonators in place of the bassani mufflers...then i got the idea for side exits, and lucked into trading my full bassani cat back for his bassani side exit...

In the end i was less than satisfied with the bassani setup.

1. the "chrome" plating on the tips started to flake off during the install, not to mention it got worse the longer it was on the car.

2. bassani's customer service to put it blunty sucks ass.

3. The other day, at some point the passenger side tip decided to exit stage left and is currently M.I.A.

SOoooo i took the whole thing off the car, and its ready for whoever else wants it. Everything needed to install it on your car is there besides the passenger tip, which you can order from bassani, or ditch their tips all together and put two new ones on. The only modification you must do, as i had to do, is make an exhaust hanger for each tip on the sides of the car, just in from the side skirts. It took me like 40 minutes to come up with two of them and weld them in.

I am looking to either sell outright for 275 bucks or trade it for borla stingers after x pipe kit, or slp loudmouth 1's after x pipe kit. and that can be trade plus cash depending on how nice yours are..

here's some pics:
IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

here is the little bit of chrome flaking on the drivers side tip....
IMG_3119.jpg

Make offers, let me know what you have...

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
did you get this from a guy on this site? If I hadn't just swapped for a Borla I would have been interested. Had one of these and loved it.

PS...you are 100% right about their customer service.

Last edited:

Boosted0range

Established Member
yea i traded my bassani rear exit for it to a member on here... and the customer service lol dont get me started...because originally i wanted to make my own side exit...but all i wanted was the bassani tips, well i called bassani and said i would like to purchase just the side exit exhaust tips...and the lady who answered wanted to know what year car...i said it will be going on an 04 cobra, but im not really sure what year the kit is for...and then she goes into this whole big thing about how they dont make a kit for an 04 cobra...i was like i understand this, i just want the tips, so then it was well i cant sell you just the tips...so then i was getting pissed off...so i was like well what year did you make that kit for, and she told me, i since forget what it was... so i hung up and called back the next day...said i had "so and so" year mustang with your side exit exhaust kit, i need two replacement side pipes can i order them....then its suuurrrree no problem...and it was something like 170 bucks a pop....so thats when i opted to just trade for the whole setup...and ironically am now short 1 side pipe...grrrr

Boosted0range

Established Member
and P.S. i'll be Gosh darned if i am forking over 170 bucks for those cheap ass tips...lol not very good selling tactics when your trying to get rid of something, but for that much money they should at least hold up for a year or so...

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Bassani lady told me the same thing when I quizzed em a few yrs ago. Well we don't even make a kit for that car. They are truly clueless. Maybe its the same girl who does their annual calendar that answers their tech line lol.

I tried and tried to swap (tjs98gt or something right) him for mine..glad I didnt now. You could always weld in the roush tips and use the system.

Boosted0range

Established Member
Bassani lady told me the same thing when I quizzed em a few yrs ago. Well we don't even make a kit for that car. They are truly clueless. Maybe its the same girl who does their annual calendar that answers their tech line lol.

I tried and tried to swap (tjs98gt or something right) him for mine..glad I didnt now. You could always weld in the roush tips and use the system.

Dont the roush tips have to be used with the roush skirts? plus i heard those tips are like 300 something, plus the cost of side skirts, and then paint....and im trying to sell my car lol so thats like money im really not trying to spend...but yea...this sucks lol

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Dont the roush tips have to be used with the roush skirts? plus i heard those tips are like 300 something, plus the cost of side skirts, and then paint....and im trying to sell my car lol so thats like money im really not trying to spend...but yea...this sucks lol

Sorry man I didnt see this till today..yes I think they do require the skirts but IMO those look great. You can find the tips on fnsweet.com for much less than $300 though.

You ever ship those res tanks to me? :poke:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
even on fnsweet they are going to run you about $275. Still not cheap. The tips cost me just as much as the exhaust. If you like the sound of the bassani, get some custom work done and get some similar, but shorter tips welded in. I have SLP LMII's and they are plenty loud coming out the side!

Last edited:

Boosted0range

Established Member
Does anyone know....

i have a guy who emailed my ad through craigslist, he has a foxbody, and wants this exhaust, but isnt sure if it will bolt up to his x pipe.....does anyone know if 4.6, and 5.0 x pipes are identical as far as dimensions and such?

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
take some close photos and post it on Ebay at 99 cents no reserve...just be upfront and tell the details just like on this thread. You should get $100-150 still. Someone could repair it and make use if it...heck it is a $900 exhaust system new. I owned one and loved it. Dont just beat the crap out of it though...maybe you can still save a few bucks out of the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread