WTT 5.0 For 96-98 Cobra

Boombastic86

Established Member
Just figured I'd test the waters on this to see who all would potentially be interested.

First off, I have an 87 Mustang GT 5.0. This is a Calypso green repaint, but is done very nicely and is a good paint job. Interior is very clean with no rips or tears in the gray cloth interior, only with the plagued ashtray cover and a a small nick in the headliner toward the back of the car. Modifications include aftermarket sunroof, 3.73s, adjustable lower control arms, Eibach lowering springs, automatic shift kit and tranny cooler, MAC short tube headers, O/R H-pipe, Edelbrock Cat back exhaust, GT40 Iron heads (the real GT40s, not the P heads), Trick Flow Street Heat Upper/lower intake, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and timing set at 14 degrees to run premium fuel.

Car dynoed at 264 rwhp and 301 rwtq. All of this work was professionally installed in terms of the trans cooler, heads, exhaust, intake, and tune at Big Shot Dyno and Performance, located in Hudson, Ohio. Heads were professionally refinished before going on as well at Motorheads in Elyria, Ohio.

The car right now has 45,150 original miles on it and is garaged year-round with a clean title. Very nice to drive, very clean, and definitely turns heads most anywhere you go.

Cityline.jpg

Bridge3.jpg

87_rearfender.jpg

As for what I'm looking for, I'd like a 96-98 Cobra coupe with around 80k or fewer miles. Slight modifications are just fine, but I do need smog equipment on the car and at least the stock midpipe to put back on for emissions. I'm just very curious to see what is in the market within a couple hours of Cleveland, Ohio. Let me know what you have, even if it requires a little money tossed your way in order to make it work.

If you'd like me to take any more pictures just let me know, my email is [email protected]

Last edited:

Boombastic86

Established Member
Took some more pictures this evening to post up. Hopes this helps anyone out.

87finished024.jpg

87finished020.jpg

87finished007.jpg

87finished008.jpg

87finished016.jpg

87finished009.jpg

87finished025.jpg

87finished026.jpg

87finished012.jpg

(those two small rust bubbles under the hatch on the right hand side are dime sized, and can be completely removed with sandpaper, I just haven't gotten the touch up paint to cover them, so I've let it be for now)
87finished006.jpg

87finished018.jpg

87finished017.jpg

87finished014.jpg

87finished027.jpg

Last edited:

Zeyzer

Blue Blooded
Established Member
Nice. I love Calypso green foxes. My Cobra's a keeper but how much do you think you'd sell it for?

Boombastic86

Established Member
Not sure. I'd probably try to let it go for a little higher than usual though because I've dumped close to 3 grand into it over the past year doing my heads, intake, control arms, and exhaust considering parts, refinishing the heads, and then the professional install with tuning and all.

You can PM me a price if you'd like to make an offer, though. Don't worry about offending me in any way.

Last edited:

Boombastic86

Established Member
Thanks for the bump Mikey.

Seems to be no real interest for it though at this time so I'm more than likely keeping it and babying it for a few more years, unless anyone has any offers. :)

pat-b

2000 chevy metro
Established Member
the car looks real nice and I would not mind working something out but I would want more cash than 1 or 2 grand with it...

Boombastic86

Established Member
I'm in no bind to sell this or trade it since I've already thrown close to $3000 in aftermarket goodies this year alone, it runs great and has no issues, plus I'm not really willing to throw more than a grand or two one way or another due to being a student and being young with bills. Plus it's an awful long way to Missouri with myself being a full time student and working full time.

Very nice 97 Cobra though, looks awfully clean I wish I had the extra dough to swing for something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread