WTT: 2003 Chevy Silverado custom truck w/402 shortbock for '03/04 cobra

jtf8751

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a 2003 chevy silverado 1500 with 70,000 miles that is metallic blue in color, 5.3L V8, automatic, power door locks and windows, towing package, gray cloth interior, lowered about 2 inches ( I bought it this way from family friend, well taken care of) has 20 inch tires with really nice rims. Flowmaster exhaust. It does have bags in the rear in case you want to tow or haul something heavy. We hauled a harley motorcycle and lumber with the truck with bags pumped up and it did great. Has a custom stereo in the truck that sounds really good. I get about 20 mpg or more sometimes on the highway. Was programmed with diablo sport programmer which I will include. Has about 50% or so left on tread, should be fine. It also has a sliding bed cover and the bed is in really good shape. I think thats about it. Need to sell pretty quickly, I bought this last year and planned to builda 6.0L 402 stroker engine to put in it. I have a family so my wife tells me I need a backseat so I'm looking for a cobra.Thanks. Price is $15,000 with the 6.0L lq4 402 stroker shortblock. Below is the low down on the stroker shortblock. Thanks.

Pictures of truck: http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww351/jtf8751/2003 Chevy Silverado/

The shortblock is disassembled but is ready to be assembled.

2000 6.0L LQ4 block (block was washed, cleaned, pressured) was very clean bore.
Block was also honed with torque plates, block was square decked, and new cam bearings installed. Course new rod and main bearings.
Forged Probe pistons
Forged I-beam Scat rods (awesome rods)
Carrillo LS crankshaft (STROKER CRANK 402)
Trickflow balancer
Comp Cams custom grind cam (specs will only be revealed to serious buyers)
Double roller timing chain

Was meant to be 600+ hp and will fit nicely into the truck. Would like to trade for a coupe cobra, no convertibles plus a little cash. Don't need a cobra with really low miles, a little higher miles is fine. I have pictures of the shortblock and parts. Parts are all new.

Not to mention this truck sounds really good with the flowmaster side exhaust and the 5.3 V8.

Last edited:

jtf8751

Established Member
Thanks man, yeah its pretty much flawless. I got standard cab because it was going to be a performance truck. Anyway, hope I can trade with someone for a nice cobra. As I said, I have a little cash to throw in, not much.

Users who are viewing this thread