WTT 04 M3 for 93 Cobra

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Looking to trade my 2004 SMG M3 (silver grey) for a 93 cobra. The M3 is AMAZING in the handling department, but looking to get back into a mustang. Milage is not important and either is color. My number is 619-895-8906. Text is preferred, but call and leave a message if I don't answer.

Car currently has ~60k on it and I'm putting on new NITTOS on the rear this tuesday as the current ones are toast. RTAB's have been replaced with powerflex this week and service 1 and will be completed with valve adjustment and plugs prior to sale. I will replace GUIBO for good measure as well (although, it's okay right now) It's been lowered with H&R springs and it has 15mm spacers in front, 12mm spacers in back. Corners, kidney grills and gills all blacked out. It also has a CSL carbon fiber trunk. Only problems I am aware of is that the rear defroster doesn't work (it has never been an issue for me in san diego, but it might be somewhere cold), and leather has some wear that I am willing to take pictures of if needed. It's normal NAPA leather wear. Minimal rock chips and overall paint is in great condition. If I think of anything else, I will post, but the car has never given me an issue. Oil is changed every 7500 miles instead of the 15,000 as required by BMW.

Any questions, feel free to shoot me a text. The car is located in San Diego, Ca and I would prefer a local trade, but it's not necessary. Cash may be needed on your end depending on mods, miles, condition ect of cobra. Not looking to sell outright, just a trade.

(before grill black out)
DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
how about a 95?

Possibly. Shoot me a text with some info and pictures. Basically I'm just going off the KBB private seller "good" price. Banks use suggested, but I figure this would be more accurate. Find the difference in that and that's what I am looking to get on top. Of course if it's a whipple/KB COBRA we are probably not looking at anything

03silverdragon

Established Member
did u ever trade ur m3?, i got a 93 cobra looking to trade for a M3 ( i guess im a year late huh), but if u know of anyone plz let me know, u can see my add on the "market" 93 cobra in AZ, thxs!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
did u ever trade ur m3?, i got a 93 cobra looking to trade for a M3 ( i guess im a year late huh), but if u know of anyone plz let me know, u can see my add on the "market" 93 cobra in AZ, thxs!

HA, yeah, about 8 moths late sadly. Advice to you, get an E9X if you can swing it. E46's are AMAZING cars, but have a lot of problems in the engineering department.

-Subframe mounts crack and cost A LOT to replace
-Diff bolts back out and brake
-Vanos system (timing system) has a couple fail points. Both have the potential to grenade your engine sadly and if they don't, the hub (this broke on mine) costs $1000 for the part alone. Usually when the hub goes, it take the vanos unit with it and that's another $1200
-Oil changes are $100 if you do it yourself
-maintenance is around $2000 a year if nothing goes wrong.

I LOVED my M3 and I will probably get an E90 (V8 and 4 door) when I finish paying off the cobra. Sadly, the E46 just wasn't worth the $$ to me. Every car will have it's problems, but the E46 seemed to be plagued with them

Last edited:

03silverdragon

Established Member
Thanks buddy, good to know, i almost pull the trigger on one of them!, good think i read this before i call that guy, thxs again!

Users who are viewing this thread