WTT 02Lightning for a 96-01Cobra

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Hey all,

I'm needing to get into a 4 pass car that will become my daily driver (except in the snow / salt). I'm open to any offers but there are several key things the car must have.

1) Must be either stock... or built with the highest quality of parts.
I plan on owning this car for 4 years as my personal daily driver and then giving it to my daughter for college. I don't want to deal with someones worn out junk.

2) It must be clean, all original paint, original interior, and a non-smoker.
Guages & aftermarket radio are fine. But things like painted interior pieces, aftermarket seats, are a huge turn off to me.

3) Mods:
I'd love to have something that has some mild bolt on parts. Low boost blower, shifter, lowering springs, suspension upgrades, wheels, brakes, exhaust, ect... would be great.

4) Everything needs to work properly and have the expectation of a lot of life left.
(lower milage / garaged cars will get my attention)

Trade:
I can't put any cash into the deal. I'm asking $19k for my Lightning and am willing to trade for a car worth up to that amount. I'm sure most 96-01 cobras are worth less... I'll be glad to talk about trading your car plus cash for the difference. The cleaner and lower milage your car... the more willing I'd be to cut a deal.

The ideal cobra would be something like this:
28k miles, black leather interior, lowered, cobra R wheels, newer tires, aftermarket shifter, blower with intercooler, flowmaster aftercat, and look like it just rolled out of the showroom.

The worst possible car would be:
150k miles, raced every sat night, smoked in, and have painted interior parts.

btw... if the car smells like cigarette smoke... don't even bother to contact me.

My truck:
I own it outright and have all paper work including window sticker.
Check out my web page and the video linked below. I bought it new in July of 2002 and have pamped it ever since. Non-smoker and driven very easy by a car guy who cares. Most of the milage has been accumulated by road trips from Michigan to Fla, Tenn, and Texas. Local milage really has been very easy. I'll take it to the dragstrip about 2-3 times a year to see how the added mods perform. Never street raced and never beat on. Never seen salt or snow. And.. very little rain too.

Here is a 50mb vid I made just this last Sat.
50mb video

Truck web page w/music

Engine web page w/music

The motor is perfect. I'm beyond anal about small details and have built it accordingly. All parts are perfectly balanced down to 0.0g. Rotationaly balanced by Livernois. Block prep by Livernois. Crank prep by Eagle. Heads preped by Fox Lake (including harded valve seats and steel spark plug inserts)
Assembled with ARP studs and new gaskets by me. (checking friction each step of the way) The engine is good for 800hp at the crank, 7200rpms, and has about 3800 miles on it thus far. I built it a little loose for biger shots of nitrous (not sprayed yet)
Also, I have a license of SCT pro racer and will supply the buyer with tuning changes for free!
Apten ported eaton, all other porting done by me, including the stock iron exhaust manifolds.

I've run a 12.55 @ 109 on the street tires, w/a 4lb lower, & at full weight. With hitch, spare removed, 6lb lower and on slicks I think it'll run a 12 flat. Add 200hp worth of nitrous and your in the 10s w/o a problem.
My goal for the truck was to run 11.6s in pure street trim with just enough nitrous to get there. (approx 100-125 worth)

There are several small things the truck needs that I just haven't got to yet.
- The A-pillar guage pod still needs to be smoothed and painted. (it's functional with oil and fuel pressure guages and I've retained the grab handle)
- 1 tire is a bit out of round. It's not bad.. but a little annoying at 70mph. (they don't make this size tire anymore so I can't replace it w/o replacing two of them)
- Nitrous parts come with. Just haven't hooked it up yet. (Intercooler is plumbed for direct port injection and can add up to 450hp worth. A kit I designed for Racetested)

Post up what you have... or PM me.

Regards,
Rich

Vaca_2.JPG

C.jpg

Launch_A.JPG

Last edited:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Updated my engine web page with much more detail.

Saturday, I put the 6lb lower on (JDM blue) and retuned the PCM.
It's just rediculous. This morning it was 42F and I can't floor it in 1st gear. It just spins! I did manage to run it up to 5000rpms in 2nd and was seeing a solid 18psi.

In cold air this thing is scary fast!

TTT

btw, I am open to trading for a older muscle car that would be a non-winter daily driver.

Regards,
Rich

Last edited:

venamous04

Established Member
i got a 98 gt i just put an 04 cobra motor in it 04 cobra interior, 04 cobra convertible top, cobra r hood 18 inch saleen 04 cobra fuel tank with fore hat 2 walbro pumps brand new paint on the car, maybe u would be interested

venamous04

Established Member
o yea car never smoked in or raced it made 440/440 with ported eaton and automatic the body has 93,xxx miles and the motor has 50,xxx miles

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Sounds nice.. but I'm wanting more of a stock cobra (or GT) that's naturally asperated and not really modified much. It'll be my daily driver and then I'll be passing it on to my daughter in about 4 yrs.

I'd love one that's lowered, has an exhaust system, a shifter, and maybe a nice stereo. Otherwise I'd pretty much like it to be factory original.

Regards,
Rich

Users who are viewing this thread