Wtt 02 bmw m5

Jon01

Established Member
Rundown:
47,xxx miles
Other than mild tint this car is totally stock, 2 owner car (I am #2, acquired it last fall from Phoenix and parked it in late October thus no snow).
Carbon Black/Black interior with gray inserts in seats
Tech package - brushed stainless trim, suede headliner
M-Audio, 2 subs in package tray, seperate amp, additional door speakers
Good Michelin Pilot Sports f/r

Car needs:
Power seats are acting up, the cables in them need attention. This is a very common issue and fairly simple to fix.
Clutch will need replaced eventually, 400hp+4000lbs+6 cyl clutch, they just don't last. It holds fine unless you beat it hard then it slips on gear changes. Granny shift at WOT and it is fine.
These are very simple to change and parts can be had for $800. If the car doesn't go by spring I'll fix the issues and adjust requirements accordingly.

Trades:
Interested in a Terminator, blown Marauder or 2nd Gen L.
Terminator or L prefer mostly stock, Marauder prefer black/black 03, but I'm flexible.
Ideal car would find a Trilogy 03 Marauder with a Cobra longblock already in place.

Most trades I will want cash to go along with them. This car still retails for almost 30k - not that I expect that out of it, but I'm not going to trade straight up for a stock L/Terminator. I can run it through the dealer auction and get 22 out of it pretty easily.

If you're interested in the car you know what they are and what they are capable of - low 13's and almost 190mph if you get the limiter axed.

Anybody interested?

Jon01

Established Member
Outright cash, 23k would take it.
I'll try to get some pics this weekend, I don't get home till after dark and my garage lights suck for pics.

c_mart_28

Established Member
Where in iowa are you from?

And you are looking for a close-to stock Cobra, right?

Jon01

Established Member
I'm in Des Moines.
Yeah, mostly stock/unmodded. What do you have in mind?

c_mart_28

Established Member
In Des Moines also.

Oh, I am just always keeping an eye out. I have a Redfire '03 but its far from stock. 27k miles, 672rwhp/715wtq, 8 pt cage, sra, etc..

Cool car anyways!

Jon01

Established Member
I think I might have met you over at Ryan's house a while back, he put my LX hatch fox back together over the past couple months.

Yeah, yours is a bit too hairy although it'd be a hoot I'm sure!
Really looking for something I can drive daily and not feel bad about racking up some miles on.

Jon01

Established Member
Weather broke for a while today so got some pics of the car:

Cash price, $22k.
Trades - stockish L or Marauder + cash.

Users who are viewing this thread