WTT 01 cobra IRS only 20k miles for 99-04 SRA

drivebymashing

Established Member
wanting to trade my 01 IRS with 20k miles with professionally installed 3.55 gears
31 spline axles has almost new quality american made rotors and calipers only 8k on them no rust great shape makes no noise daily driven
im in asheville north carolina
car has never been to the drag strip but i want a SRA to make a drag car
mach 1
or 99-04 gt

acidtonic

Established Member
I registered just to reply to this post.

I'm DYING to get an IRS in my car. I'm in Michigan zip is 48073.

Car is a 97 Cobra with 80K on it. 2 Years ago it had 30K. Car is in great condition and the rear is fine. Just needs control arm bushings but if you're swapping why not use different arms or if not I'll buy you new bushings.

I have a garage and want to get the cars side by side to swap over a weekend. I have jackstands and a jack, along with most tools we will need. We can get anything else before the swap.

Its the stock 8.8 out of the Cobra. Its a tiny bit shorter than the 99+ 8.8 and you will be able to run wider tires so swapping a 94-98 rear is ideal for your situation.

Also the rear has brand spanking new Tokico D-Spec adjustable shocks. Installed them 2 or 3 weeks ago and I love them!

Since my car is a Cobra too we dont have to worry about brakes either since the GT's brakes wont work with the IRS.

Let me know I really want to get an IRS for a smoother daily driver. I dont care about drag racing and want the solid out of there.

Last edited:

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
I have a SRA for you

I have an 01 GT in SD. The car has about 40,000 miles on it and is completely stock except for exhaust. I would be interested in doing a brake-brake rear end swap with you. I can send you pictures if you would like. PM me or email me at [email protected]. I am very interested. Thanks

Tipton

Established Member
I will pay cash and pick it up or I can bring you a 99-04 8.8, your call. I'm in TN so it's not a long drive. If we figure something out, I can have the 8.8 in your driveway by next weekend.

The best way to get in touch is by phone: Ben - (865) 850-7509

Thanks,

Ben Tipton

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Have my SRA still in my Mach 1, almost 40k, But if you want to do a complete swap and can do it, ill drive down and we can do it one weekend?

99cobrawannabe

Established Member
I would be willing to do the trade i have an sra on my mustang with 3.73 fordracing gears also with the stock gears 3.27 in the ford racing box to i would give i also have a mac rear end cover that beefs it up on the two bearings that hold the posi unit they say thats all you need for running up in the 600 whp range with that 8.8 rear end but yea i would be willing to trade that for your irs im trying to turn my car into a real terminator cobra and come out having one done the way i like it for 10,000 dollars less than a real one

Users who are viewing this thread