WTS/WTT Immaculate 1998 Viper GTS

slowfrc

Established Member
I've decided it's time to sell my 1998 Viper GTS. I've owned it for approximately a year and put roughly 6k miles on it in that time. The car is absolutely immaculate. The paint was meticulously detailed before I bought it and has been kept perfect in the time I've owned it. I always park it under a car cover in an underground garage which isn't susceptible to large temperature swings that wear on rubber seals and other parts. The car has been absolutely great to me. I'm selling because I'd like to free up some cash and get in a C5Z. I drive my fun car a lot and this is just a bit too unforgiving to be putting 200+ miles a weekend on.

This car needs nothing. Everything works, the a/c blows cold and it's never been in an accident. The only thing that may need to be changed depending on the new owner is that I have fixed seat brackets on the driver's seat so the seat can't move from its rear-most position. I did this because I'm 6'5 and the fixed brackets gave me 2 inches of extra head room. I will have the stock adjustable seat bracket put in at my expense if the new owner desires.

As I said I'm looking to trade for a C5Z, preferably making much more power than stock. I would also consider trading for a c6 or a very select fourth gen f body. I'm not interested in stock cars. For a c6 I'm only interested in ls3 cars and I'm not interested in ones with base suspension.

For an outright sale I'm looking for 40k.

On to the details

- Mileage now stands at 36,842 but will go up as I will drive it until it sells. Of course, it's not my daily driver.

Mod List:

- hids in head lights
- blacked out fog & tail lights
- satin black powder coated gas cap
- black viper emblems, rear and side emblems shaved
- 10% window tint all around except for the windshield
- led interior lights
- b&m short throw shifter

- 19inch ccw sp600s satin black
- 345s out back, 285s up front, tires are nitto invos
- lowered on eibach pro springs, as low at it looks I surprisingly don't have a problem with going straight over speed bumps
- gen 3 big brake upgrade all around, the most common performance related complaint with gen 2 vipers is the brakes are too weak. This mod fixes that.
- 2 piece drilled and slotted bear rotors

- b&b headers, high flow cats and cat back
- roe racing smooth tube intakes
- k&n filters

- Leather E-brake boot and shift boot
- Aftermarket shift knob from sickspeed, also have MGW gripper knob

- JVC head unit with CD player, integrated MP3 hook up and upgraded speakers

I haven't dynod the car but it should make roughly 430rwhp

For those not familiar with these cars, the 96-99s have forged motors. So if you were so inclined, bolt on TTs and make mid 800s rwhp without a problem.

Car is located in Northern Virginia

viper25-1_zps384ec840.jpg

viper9_zpsbceca68b.jpg

viper11_zpsf7511885.jpg

viper16_zps51d1aa11.jpg

viper12_zpsd8eb833e.jpg

viper14_zps028b76a7.jpg

viper25_zps74367880.jpg

Above are pictures I took from the for sale ad from which I bought the car. I used those pics because they're much higher quality than the ones I take with my own camera. The car is just as immaculate now as it was when I bought it. Below are pics I've taken to show nothing has changed.

_DSC0352_zpsa4a996a0.jpg

_DSC0358_zpse59010da.jpg

_DSC0372_zpsf931bdd4.jpg

_DSC0387_zps71d61a89.jpg

_DSC0394_zps688d1865.jpg

_DSC0396_zps760986e4.jpg

_DSC0415_zpse666cfde.jpg

_DSC0344_zps8dbbd804.jpg

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Hmm trade for my cobra?? 7500 original miles :rolling:

Last edited:

03SVTBEAST

PRICELESS
Established Member
Any interest in my 04 comp orange cobra? Only 13k miles. Featured in this years American Muscle Calendar

runvusofme

Established Member
My dream car. I'll trade you my low mile, high HP Cobra plus a kidney and one of my kids (I get to choose which one though)!!

slowfrc

Established Member
Wow, sorry guys. I completely forgot I posted this on SVTP and I didn't get any notifications since all the trade offers were in visitor message form or just posted on this thread. PMing the guys who posted on here now. If you're interested in a trade or outright sale it's best to just PM me.

slowfrc

Established Member
this was my car not long ago. As are most of those pics. Super clean

Of course. As stated in the ad I used your pics since they're much higher quality than mine. I'm not pro photographer. To any guys reading this, don't let the old pics bother you, I'm not trying to hide anything, the car is just as flawless now as it was when those pics were taken last year. I'll happily prove this by sending more recent pics to anyone who is seriously interested.

Did u ever dyno it??

Not sure if you're talking to me or House of Power above. I never dyno'd it but I'd bet a good amount of money that it would make in the 420-440rwhp range depending on the dyno.

gamebred26

Established Member
whats the hood/fender clip cost if you just so happen to smack i up lol....

slowfrc

Established Member
Deal fell through, the car is back up for sale. The buyer backed out due to funds issues. I've put a few hundred miles on it since this thread was made so I've updated the OP to reflect current mileage.

To reiterate, I am still open to trade offers.

Users who are viewing this thread