WTS: 1998 Contour SVT Black w/ MNB interior

wally05

Established Member
Well, I'm looking to pick up a new car since I moved out here to Pittsburgh, PA. So, my contour is up for sale. Below are the stats and I'll go into more detail at the bottom. The car has never been modified or raced. I was pretty gentle on her.

*1998 CSVT Black exterior with Midnight Blue Interior*
-108,000 miles (I bought at 98k last year and did a lot of highway driving in Indiana)
-Stock 2.5L Duratec
-Very recent tune-up
-Brakes rebuilt
-EGR passages cleaned (Due to CEL light)
-Excellent condition interior with normal wear on driver's seat and steering wheel. Worn, but not torn. :)
-Black tinted windows
-Sunroof
-New leather wrapped shift knob (from the focus SVT?)
-One new control arm (old one was bent)

I just completed a full tune up using double platinum OEM replacement plugs, new wires AND a new ignition coil because the original was cracked on the bottom. There was no oil on the plugs and they all showed no signs of bad ignition. They were just worn down to death because they were the original motorcrafts. I cleaned the EGR passage when I first bought her due to a CEL light. The brakes were JUST rebuilt with new pads, rotors, fluid, and each caliper was removed and cleaned up along with a cleaned and adjusted parking brake (needed out here in PA).

Everything works except the A/C JUST stopped working recently and I was told it was due to it needing a recharged. I also had a new stereo headunit installed and it was hooked up to the stock system and works great. My stereo guy is pretty awesome and did an amazing job. He also repaired/replaced harnesses that the last owner cut. IPOD connection and AUX IN connection are on the headunit.

The windows are tinted and look excellent, but the rear window tint is peeling a little bit on the back right at the top of the window.

The clutch and transmission seem to be fine. The shifter does have front and back "slop" in it, but I do have the "grommets"/shifter pieces to replace the worn bushing. I just haven't had time.

Tires are in great shape with plenty of tread. I got through the Indiana winter just fine in them. The stock rims are in great shape also.

I ran Mobil1 synthetic and a Mobil1 filter until this recent oil change (b/c I had to have a shop in PA do it... no tools here) and I ALWAYS ran the car with about a half quart more oil in the pan to avoid the starvation problem.

-------------------------------------------

Now, the paint has some swirls in it, but they do buff out. I actually buffed out about half of the hood and rewaxed it and you can see the difference (I have pics of that too). The paint is is also kind of dinged up along the bottom of the doors and the right bumper has a scuff on it that someone tried to paint over (In pics). All in all, it's all fixable if you have a day to work on it. It still has plenty of luster.

The right muffler tip needs to be brought up a little bit.

It's missing ONE jack point.

And one of the rear wheel well areas where it attaches to the rear bumper is broken. I don't notice it, but I thought it would be worth noting.

The headlights look okay, but could use a little bit of buffing. New bulbs all around.

P2180571.gif

P2180572.gif

P2180574.gif

P2180575.gif

P2180576.gif

P2180577.gif

P2180580.gif

I have cleaned this up quite a bit since I took this picture.
P2180584.gif

It has history of one small accident in Indianapolis, IN, but it was a slight fender bender that was what scuffed the bumper. No frame damage or anything of the sorts and no strange tire wear from the 10k that I have driven it.

Please do not hesitate to PM me on here if interested. I will be checking daily. If you want pics or anything or just need more info, please let me know. I bought a 2008 Focus SE, so she'll need to go. It has never let me down and runs like a champ! I also have some Ford literature on the car with some articles on it. I have the original car manual, cards, and WINDOW STICKER! :cool:

Price: $3400 Neg. She needs to go out the door. :)

Users who are viewing this thread