wtf?

Lazervert

Established Member
I have a 99 lightning, and it was raining yesterday when i was giving my friend a ride home the truck was doing just fine. but after i got to my house i shut the truck off to later come back out to a hard start and it has no pickup when you try to accelerate the engine it breaks up. Is there a possibility that the moisture in the air got on the maf when i was driving, i did partially put it in the wind a bit as well figured :eek:water got on the maf, any help?

lvgolfer962

Established Member
Water probably got into your back spark plug holes and got your coil packs wet. Ive read threads about guys running the aftermarket coils that have this problem all the time.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
It can happen even with stock coils. Usually third one back on the passenger side. More likely to happen if yoyu are missing the rubber seal at the back of the hood.

Lazervert

Established Member
I took all of the coils and plugs out and dry as a bone. Now truck wants to idle like sh*t, if you give it throttle, it dies.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
i would check for a vac leak. i had a hose off after replacing my CAI and it acted like that too.

Users who are viewing this thread