WTF????

Snake98

Established Member
ok....I am not having a very good day today folks. Check this out, my last dyno pull on the Cobra was a stock pull. I got 247.6 HP and 249.00 TQ. That seemed fairly normal for a stock 98 snake. I recently added a Pro-m 87mm MAF, JBA shorties, 4:10's and a Bassani X w/cats. I GAINED 10 HP!!!!! WTF!!!! Todays reading was 257.8 HP 255.8 TQ......I paid $1500.00+ dollars for 10 HP!!! Does anyone have any ideas how this happened? My only guess is that the performance shop that has the dyno is under-rating peoples numbers so they will want to buy more products. Look at my mods in my sig and tell me if 257.8 sounds right, any ideas are appreciated. thx -Rob

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Those are way low, you should be at least in the high 280 range with those mods for both hp and torque.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
stock 98s are dynoing at 240ish?? WTF? I would think 260-270ish?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
stock 98s are dynoing at 240ish?? WTF? I would think 260-270ish?

Stock should be around the 265 range sometimes 270 but he is way low regardless.

LSs1Power

Established Member
Dont be sad, i had a friend with a 99 Cobra and X bassani, flowmaster, headers, 4.10gears, Superchip, Pulleys, intake charger with the silncer removed, and ported intake manifold and he only got 291rwhp and 298rwtq. Now if that happend to me i would be pissed off. He also raced a stock(LID K&N only)T/A A4(Not mine, but I was driving) and got pulled when he shifted to 3rd by almost a car. He had problems with the engine because the engine died after 6 months or so and he sold the car for 10K only :nonono: because FORD voided his warranty. So If i were u i would check my engine(internaly) for broken springs or lifters. Small things can affect ur power. Good luck.

Snake98

Established Member
ok....the results are in and i'm am happy for now. I got a second opinion at Superior Automotive in Anaheim. I pulled 273.3 HP and 272.5 TQ.....those numbers seem a lot better considering the recent mods. Factor in the 2-4% loss due the gears and I am at what I expected. Thanks guys for you input. -Rob

sibs4972

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake98
ok....the results are in and i'm am happy for now. I got a second opinion at Superior Automotive in Anaheim. I pulled 273.3 HP and 272.5 TQ.....those numbers seem a lot better considering the recent mods. Factor in the 2-4% loss due the gears and I am at what I expected. Thanks guys for you input. -Rob

As previously stated, your original numbers sound low. With the type of car you have and the mods done, you should be higher ( I would think) :shrug:

logan_yomtov

Established Member
i've been told a number of times that the dyno at superior is a tough dyno. Even the guys who worked there said if you want good numbers, thats not to dyno to run on. So you might be putting down a bit more than you think.;-)

cichlidbob

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake98

That is much better.........but it still sounds low. The same mods on my friends 96 made 297 hp 292 tq. My last dyno on my 97 was 287 hp 281 tq with an offroad x, 4:10's & a c&lmass air.

Good Luck
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread