WTF? wont go into 3rd

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
I went to the track and 1st gear was great 2nd no problem, 3rd is a no go! all three times It would not go into 3rd gear. It never scratched the gear just felt like something is not letting it in. It went into 5th so I let out but I also think maybe my belt is slipping bad. my 60ft were 1.7 1.8 1.7 the new mickey thompson 315/35/17 hook pretty good. Do you think a shifter would help out or should I pull the tranny and have it checked out??

724COBRA

Established Member
Mine was terrible trying to get into 3rd as well...I am installing a Fiore clutch quadrant and Firewall adj and MGW shifter this weekend. I hope it helps

04torchred

Established Member
Check the adjustment on the clutch first. If its like hitting a brick wall and it won't move chance are the adjustment is out. Side not how do the MT 315's hook? Are they better then a BFG, I am wanting to try some but if they aren't that great I will get the 315 Hoosiers. Thanks

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
One thing I've noticed about my Cobra is that it won't go into 3rd unless the clutch is ALL the way to the floor practically. I've had other cars that I could shift a lot faster by beginning to let the clutch up as you're getting it into gear but no go with this car. I'm thinking some different trans fluid might help and the clutch issues everyone seems to have more or less.

Last edited:

1bad03snake