WTF? (pic)

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Can someone tell me what the thing is in this picture, running up over the dash?

57090_16.jpg

dougwg

Established Member
don't know dude.... but your almost on "E", better get some gas!

predator

Established Member
Not sure...but it looks like it is connected to something hidden by the steering wheel. Maybe some kind of performance analyzer?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
There is some device sitting behind the steering wheel on the dash. Can't make out what it is, but that is probably what that wire is for....

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Maybe a"Raptor" shift light wire?

That's my guess too.

You can email the guy/girl who posted it on e-bay. I'd drop 'em a note and find out.:shrug:

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Yeah, thanks. It's actually here in town and I was going to go check it out during lunch later this week.

I looked at one today for $30K, but it had been damaged/painted. The seller completely denied it though...

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Madhouse,
Very glad to hear you're going to get a first hand look at the car. My humble opinion - no way would I buy an 03 cobra off of ebay UNLESS there was some caveat regarding a personal inspection. Best of luck to you!
Pete

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Thanks Pete, and I agree. I'm only bidding on cars I can go and see in person.

These guys all expect to get $30K for these used Cobras - I might as well go get a new one for $33K. There's a dealer here in town with 9 on the lot, and they gave me that price. I figured one with under 5K miles might be worth a look, but they all seem to be priced higher than they should be...

SSSeeYa

Established Member
99% sure it's a radar detector. Look on the dash behind the steering wheel and you can just make out something that looks like one...

MadNess

Established Member
So tod, you trading off your lightning to get a cobra? or are you doing it right and just getting the cobra out right and keeping the L as well?

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Originally posted by MadNess
So tod, you trading off your lightning to get a cobra? or are you doing it right and just getting the cobra out right and keeping the L as well?

My Lightning is staying put. :) I thought I might get one of these new Cobras to play with for a while, though...

Users who are viewing this thread