WTF? Just got back from dyno....

gx00850

Established Member
Okay, I was really ashamed tonight. A local shop was having a dyno day (HP/TQ Only). Since it was a dynojet I was expecting a nice boost in HP/TQ ratings from my previous trips to the mustang dyno.

Unfortunately, I went from 544 rwhp on the mustand dynos to 521 rwhp on the dynojet. I don't think the dynojet was off since all the other cars were pretty spot on. I would expect more with a whipple at 15 psi. Any ideas, I was able to collect a few datalog points on the second run. Any advice or opinions are welcome.

Thanks

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
our cars vary a lot...

before my kb i had a stage 3 stieg. i had 502, 469, 483, 491 rwhp all different times on the dyno. i think temp, humidity, elevation, gas from what gas station. did you drive the car to the dyno blah blah blah lots of variables in the hp number.

i wouldn't worry about it, you dont race the dyno.:burnout:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Depends on your tune. If you run 93 octane and your tune is spot on, then both numbers seem low. You should be in the neighborhood of around 565-590 @ 15 psi. There is no real way to screw with DJ numbers. So you have a couple possibilities. Either the MD was not calibrated correctly and it read high, which means that your tune is way off, or other issues dealing with your engine are present. Do you have any data logs of your car on the street or dyno? Who tuned it?

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
Just another thought to throw out there, have you checked your intercooler pump lately to make sure that it is working?

gx00850

Established Member
Depends on your tune. If you run 93 octane and your tune is spot on, then both numbers seem low. You should be in the neighborhood of around 565-590 @ 15 psi. There is no real way to screw with DJ numbers. So you have a couple possibilities. Either the MD was not calibrated correctly and it read high, which means that your tune is way off, or other issues dealing with your engine are present. Do you have any data logs of your car on the street or dyno? Who tuned it?

Yeah, I run 93 octane and I felt the tune was good, but after those numbers I think I need to bring the car back for some testing. I was expecting at least 570-580 on a dynojet. I have some datalogging from the dyno, but I did not have time to get too much detail. I had Modular Power House do the tune and it runs great on the street. As suggested below I will also check the I/C pump. Thanks for the feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread