WTF!! is wrong with VIRGINIA!!!!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
SnakeEyes03 said:
. This is one of the most annoying tickets, because people from other countries (cough cough...Joses aunts and uncles) dont think think they need a license.

So by saying people from other countries you mean Spain?

:poke:

:)

MysssticGhost

Go Sooners!
Established Member
the saddest part about it is because it is considered a civil law fee only those people who are licensed and registered in va can get those fines. so there are still thousands of people on the roads everyday that are exempt from the new laws.

MysssticGhost

Go Sooners!
Established Member
also remember these are paid in increments over a couple of years. they are due up front.

i actually have a copy of the entire civil bill infront of me and there is way more stupid $hit on here than previously discussed.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Sorry to bring this thread back up, but a discussion at work led to some research and I'm a little stunned? I originally thought only the penalties for severe driving violations were increased, but upon further investigation, it seems that I don't even want to take the risk of trying to drive in VA anymore!!

Am I reading these laws right? If you get ticketed for just about any driving offense, you get a minimum $900 total fines, in $300 installments annually? ie Speeding 5mph over the limit you get the speeding ticket fines plus the $300 annually totalling $900 extra?

Reference: http://www.courts.state.va.us/publications/hb_3202.pdf

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
SnakeEyes03 said:
NO NO NO...tint is not $1k. Smoke screen is $1k and never have I ever heard of anyone writing that ticket. Again I'm not saying I like these new fines. However, MD's Nitrous charge is $500 + court costs. I know because my buddy got that ticket, and they towed his car. Additionally, we could always do what CA is doing now....crushing cars that race on the highway?? And as for the No License. I had court today and I had 5 no license tickets. This is one of the most annoying tickets, because people from other countries (cough cough...Joses aunts and uncles) dont think think they need a license.

What IS a smoke screen? And I hope you're right! :)

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Also, don't forget that word listed before the fine....FELONY.
Do you know what being convicted a felon could do to some people? :eek:

And I hate to say it, but even if the law gets repealed, it has probably gotten SOME people thinking about how they drive. Will they revert to their old ways when it’s gone? Probably, but in the eyes of a legislator, he can say to his constituents, "I tried to make a safer VA".

Users who are viewing this thread