WTF is wrong with the car ?

RoyWoods

Established Member
SteveChris said:
yea and dont forget to wrap a towel around your head whle holding a sword to the oil cooler's neck.
try and get a few friends dressed in black with towels on their heads too to stand beside you sorta in the background, for added effect.
maybe a few people praying in the background as well
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And your point is??????

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I would vote no on the oil.... when I rebuilt mine I ran 20w50 in mine for the first 2 oil changes. My engine builder suggested I stay with the 20w50 but it freaked me out and I switched back to mobile 1 10w30.

Tomjh99

Established Member
Anyone have any idea what would cause my oil cooler to get a hole in it ? It just seems really strange to me. Something uncommon.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the hole is there on purpose. The seal probably just got screwed up. its possible that all you needed to do was tighten the hex nut where the filter screws in.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
My oil cooler started leaking oil out the weep hole also. I took the filter off, tightened the inverted hex head bolt with a large allen wrench and the oil leak was gone. Sometimes the bolt gets loose when taking the filter off. I'd be willing to be that's what it was and they ripped you off for a new oil cooler you didn't need. Just my 2 cents.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
All I'm saying is I would have tried tightening that allen bolt before taking the car to a dealership, of course my car has never been to a dealership and never will.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
All I'm saying is I would have tried tightening that allen bolt before taking the car to a dealership, of course my car has never been to a dealership and never will.
ditto... I had a pulley waranteed and a trans fixed under waranty and thats about it. To hell with dealerships.

Tomjh99

Established Member
You guys are most likly right about the oil filter loosening the hex screw and all was needed was for me to tighten it up. Makes me so mad that I just spent 550 dollars on something that may have not been necessary.

Well to move on with more bad news. The check engine light came on cause cylinder # 8 misfiring. I'm guessing it could be a bad plug or a bad plug wire. Any suggestions on fix it yourself tips before I take it back to the dealer ?

Kcobra99

Established Member
Tomjh99 said:
You guys are most likly right about the oil filter loosening the hex screw and all was needed was for me to tighten it up. Makes me so mad that I just spent 550 dollars on something that may have not been necessary.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, same thing, oil leak just after an oil change. Fortunatly, my warranty covered it at the time. It sucks to learn this the expensive way.

About the misfire, check your spark plugs first. You can learn a lot from them, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread