WTF is this?!

badazzebz06

Established Member
just got a 2003 10th vert its got a 2.93 upper fidanza 4.3 clutch and catted x pipe with bassani catback...weird thing is when shifting from 1st to second on a spirited run and even from 2nd to third the car will clunk and bog down for a like a split second before the gear engages.....at least this is what it feels like...i know tire spin and it isnt that....also sometimes the car does not wanna shift into 1st gear while at a stop(very rarely)...i guess it is also good to know the throw out bearing is always squeaking upon shifting of gears...i was lookin at throwin some $$$$ at this car to go faster not for repairs.....does anyone know what this is? also ps: traction control is turned off.

badazzebz06

Established Member
i feel that bro i bought the car in vegas and im in delaware....world of difference weather wise...anyway everyones been tellin me to get it tuned for here so hopefully thats the prob.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
How many miles on the car and/or clutch? It may be the clutch or pressure plate. If you hear sounds from the t/o bearing it might be a sign that the clutch assembly is compromised. But I agree on getting it hooked up to a computer to scratch that out as a possible.

badazzebz06

Established Member
60000 are on it now fidanza 4.3 was just installed like 2000 miles ago along with a complete tranny rebuild so i dont get it?!?! i pray its not the clutch ALREADY!! :p that would suck but ya im gettin it retuned here in the next week with sct and possibly addin a 4lb lower to my 293 upper should scream lol.....if the clutch doesnt fail

yellrcobra

Established Member
do you have a quadrant and firewall adjuster? if its the stock it might not be letting the clutch loose all the way.. with the clutch petal pressed rev the car to see if it moves, if it does you need to adjust it.. if not then its something else.. i had that problem and it caused my fork pads to wear and accually ate thru the #2 on the 1-2 fork and i thought i lost second gear but i was missing part of the shift fork.. Hope that helps

badazzebz06

Established Member
do you have a quadrant and firewall adjuster? if its the stock it might not be letting the clutch loose all the way.. with the clutch petal pressed rev the car to see if it moves, if it does you need to adjust it.. if not then its something else.. i had that problem and it caused my fork pads to wear and accually ate thru the #2 on the 1-2 fork and i thought i lost second gear but i was missing part of the shift fork.. Hope that helps

Yes funny u should ask I forgot to mention its got both a quadrant and fiore firewall adjuster.....not sure what these things do lol where do I go from here are these the reason for the problem

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
The hesitation is your PPRV. just do a search for it and you'll find tons of info. From what I understand, a good tuner can tune out the hesitation, but LP offers a kit the just removes the valve altogether.

As for the car not wanting to go into 1st, you have a couple options. If you're on somewhat of an incline or decline, let your foot off the brake and let the car roll a bit until it slips into gear. Alternately, I've found that if 1st is being a bugger, 2nd is a viable option. It will at least move the car enough to get it into first although, 2nd gear starts are very easy in our cars.

Hope this helps:beer:

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
The hesitation is your PPRV. just do a search for it and you'll find tons of info. From what I understand, a good tuner can tune out the hesitation, but LP offers a kit the just removes the valve altogether.

As for the car not wanting to go into 1st, you have a couple options. If you're on somewhat of an incline or decline, let your foot off the brake and let the car roll a bit until it slips into gear. Alternately, I've found that if 1st is being a bugger, 2nd is a viable option. It will at least move the car enough to get it into first although, 2nd gear starts are very easy in our cars.

Hope this helps:beer:

+1. PPRV. Also, I've read climate shouldn't matter in your tune. Do we retune our cars just because winter hits? The MAF should adjust naturally for this.

badazzebz06

Established Member
+1. PPRV. Also, I've read climate shouldn't matter in your tune. Do we retune our cars just because winter hits? The MAF should adjust naturally for this.

u do have a good point there...i was sayin its alot more humid here than vegas not sure if that matters also when i do the tune it will be from diablo to sct.....not sure which is better

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
should be fine. but i would just wait for Matt. i got my high boost intake and haven't had any issues, but don't drive through deep puddles if you get caught in the rain.

bubblehead93

Established Member
with only a 2.93 upper (maybe 13#'s boost) and no fuel mods i really doubt it is your pprv. assuming that your lifting on the throttle during the shift, is it boggin as you get back in the gas after it is in the next higher gear? without seeing/hearing - your description of a clunk, a "bog before the gear engages," and a noisey TOB makes me think your problem is more clutch/transmission than pprv (not pushing enough boost and with stock fuel system your fuel pump voltage tables still match reality). really think your wasting your time with a pprv delete.

Users who are viewing this thread