WTF is this ??

Wicked01

1QwikN/A
Established Member
acouple nights ago, i was heading to the house and got on it hard. bangin gears 1-2 2-3 3-4. and going to 4th it kinda like locked up or something,. as if i throw it in reverse or something. ???? clutch going out ?? tranny ?? it did it last night also. like it went in the jumpd back out or something, dunno :cuss:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Hey dont feel bad, Imagine driving down the road hitting the 1-2 shift then getting ready to do 2-3 and never making it, next all you hear is a grinding metal tearing metal sound, coasting to a stop, then as you sit by the side of the road trying to figure out why it'll go into every gear but it wont do anything when you let out on the clutch pedal. Now thats fun! Mine was a broken input shaft in my T45 I called Ford SVT turns out the trans had been out several times before for repairs. So I called these guys, ordered a T56, and all was better. www.ddperformance.com

Keith 5.0

5.0 is the way to go
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Hey dont feel bad, Imagine driving down the road hitting the 1-2 shift then getting ready to do 2-3 and never making it, next all you hear is a grinding metal tearing metal sound, coasting to a stop, then as you sit by the side of the road trying to figure out why it'll go into every gear but it wont do anything when you let out on the clutch pedal. Now thats fun! Mine was a broken input shaft in my T45 I called Ford SVT turns out the trans had been out several times before for repairs. So I called these guys, ordered a T56, and all was better. www.ddperformance.com

Other than the tranny you ordered from them, what else was needed to convert to the T-56?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
They've got a T56 install kit that includes a crossmember, and a shorter aluminum driveshaft. Theres also a reverse lockout solenoid to purchase but since our cars didnt come with that youll have to be inventive if you want it to work, its tough to shift to R at first but I just usually force mine past the lockout. I did some research and 80% of the T56 owners with a nonfactory T56s never hooked up the reverse lockout solenoid and do it this way. Other than that nothings needed. I installed a new clutch and a Fidanza alum f/w at the same time though. hth

Users who are viewing this thread