Wtf is an intake manifold runner bank 1

Kingofqueenz788

Established Member
So apparently I have a code for intake manifold runner bank 1 idk what that is can some one help me out!

4valved

Banned
The imrc plate on the passanger side (I think passanger side) is getting stuck does it feel slow above 3300rpms?

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
I had the same code last week at the track along with a "theft" code. Probably cause I was driving like I stole it. Have someone sit in your can and rev the engine from idle to 3500-4000 rpms. While they do that look at the two hoses that are in the back of the intake that lead to the imrcs. Once the engine hits 3250 the hoses should "jump" or move. This means that they are activating the imrcs. I cleared my code and checked this out and both were working. I went back out on the track and didn't get any code after that.

craigjames46

Established Member
i have a 98 cobra with 38k on it ...just had the same issue with mine now its seems too be working... does anyone know you can delete it and will you loose down low power

GRUSE

Established Member
i have a 98 cobra with 38k on it ...just had the same issue with mine now its seems too be working... does anyone know you can delete it and will you loose down low power

There are numerous write ups regarding IMRC's on both cleaning and deleting.To make up for the loss of low end most will install a bigger gear 3:73 up to a 4:56.If the IMRC's are sticking closed a zip tie can be used to permanently open them.
96-97 have aluminum 98 has composite.IF you go the delete route a tune will be necessary to stop the CEL,Mark Olson created a method with a resistor installed in the IMRC control box.
Some links to get you started

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/tech/IMRC_Cleaning.pdf
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ose-IMRC-problems-and-2-how-to-zip-tie-IMRC-s

Users who are viewing this thread