WTF?? I beat a Viper!

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
What can i say?? i was on I-4 with 2 friends heading to brandon and we were just messin around. last week i took my car to coastal dyno in brandon and had 4.30's and bbk o/r x-pipe. other than that its stock. and what do i come upon?? a brand new red 05' viper :bowdown: even tho i believe they r ugly as sin. i pulled next to him at about 70mph and downshifted from 5 to 4 and got on it, he didnt do anything then so i slowed down. i let him catch back up and we were side by side doin 80 then i once again went to 4th and romped on it, both my friends informed me he downshifted too b/c they saw the fornt end come up and he started gaining. well, we went from about 80-145 and if we were in the same lane his front bumper would probly be touching my back bumper. anyways, i dunno wtf was going on?? maybe he was in 6th and downshifted to 5th?? still had the temp tag on it so many things could have been inplay here. i know he was on it but not sure what gear, he got off right after we slowed down at the next exit. i really wish i coulda talked 2 him, but i have more of a story to this. my car may be a factory freak... i beat a 98 formula firebird with a mild cam and lt's + exhaust. pulled about 1 1/2 cars on him. so someone tell me wtf happened?????

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
sounds like rich guy doesn't know how to drive his car....

That or he wasn't in it all the way. No offense to you or your car, but there isn't a chance in hell you should have won under normal circumstances.

Sweet that you had a good time though, that would get my blood flowing for sure :)

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by 1Bad98Cobra
thats kinda along the lines of what i was thinking?? i '05 viper should walk on my ass, right?? i mean buslengths...

Yep.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
he probably went from 6th to 5th ;) I wouldn't count it as a win. The viper pulls way hard up top, it spins pretty bad down low.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
thats kinda along the lines of what i was thinking?? i '05 viper should walk on my ass, right?? i mean buslengths...

Yes

1Bad98Cobra

Established Member
lol i thought so, but still it was fun. i knew i didnt win but hey, i pulled.. haha. props 2 the viper 4 not taking her 2 redline with the temporary tag still on it... but i got another ? should i be able 2 pull on a stock c5 with my 4.30's o/r x-pipe and magnaflow cat backs?

Last edited:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
lol i thought so, but still it was fun. i knew i didnt win but hey, i pulled.. haha. props 2 the viper 4 not taking her 2 redline with the temporary tag still on it... but i got another ? should i be able 2 pull on a stock c5 with my 4.30's o/r x-pipe and magnaflow cat backs?

I think you should be able to beat a stock C5. I haven't raced one, but I am also dying to try one out.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by URDONE
I think you should be able to beat a stock C5. I haven't raced one, but I am also dying to try one out.

i have beaten a '96 911 TT before....
we pulled over and he says "how much boost are you running"....i started rolling....for some reason i keep getting asked if mine is an 03 or an 04.....

Users who are viewing this thread