WTF? How should I fight this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
Last night I was changing out my pulleys because I've had some squeaking going on. Once I got them changed I took my car for a drive around the block to check the squeaking. Along the way I got pulled over. I have SLP LM1s and my tune is a little off causing my rpms to be a little high so I got pulled over for having a modified exhaust. That was irritating but I can understand that part. Here's where it gets ****ed up. Where the cop flipped on his lights was a bust two lane road with no shoulder. I slowed down threw on my blinker early to let him know I was pulling off of the road (drove maybe 400ft) and turned into a parking lot to stop. The cop (Officer Thor) came to my car acting like a major dick head and started yelling at me for not pulling over immediately. I told him I didnt feel comfortable stopping on the road for both my safety and his. He told me that is not my decision to make and wrote me a $1200 ticket for failing to yeild to an emergency vehicle. WTF, what is the best way to fight this?

SirJAG

Established Member
removed -Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

crew_dawg16

Established Member
You did the right thing, IMO. I see people "pull over" on the i-10 in a construction zone with no shoulder, extremely dangerous.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
This is not a forum for asking how to fight tickets.

If you are looking for legal advice, I recommend you consult an attorney.

SirJAG

Established Member
what are you talking about Lt.? people post here all the time asking about tickets? am i missing something?

Yes- you failed to read posting rules moderator

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
This is not a forum for asking how to fight tickets.

If you are looking for legal advice, I recommend you consult an attorney.

Donut Shop (15 Viewing)
Get a ticket? Have a question about the law? This is the place. Sit down and have a sprinkled one.

edited moderator

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Donut Shop (15 Viewing)
Get a ticket? Have a question about the law? This is the place. Sit down and have a sprinkled one.

Thanks retard

Yes, you received a ticket, but you have no question about the statute you were cited for. You are specifically asking for information regarding beating the ticket. This isn't the place for those questions, as that entails legal advice. The appropriate crowd to ask that question to would be attorneys.

But, please do continue with the name calling.

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
I'm asking about who's done what in similar situations. I obviously not going to be citing SVTP while I'm contesting it. Please take your condescending bullshit elsewhere, it's not needed here.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
I'm asking about who's done what in similar situations. I obviously not going to be citing SVTP while I'm contesting it. Please take your condescending bullshit elsewhere, it's not needed here.

You have a mighty large chip on your shoulder. Your question has already been answered... Talk with a lawyer.

Machdup1

Established Member
Donut Shop (15 Viewing)

Thanks retard

When the officer turned on his lights he/she had selected the spot for you to stop. You decided to ignore the officer's lawful instruction to stop immediately. By exercising poor decision making you earned an additional charge that you should pay an attorney to handle this matter.

Here is how your could have beat this ticket. Try this retarded method: Stop immediately, roll down your window, turn the car off, place the keys on the dashboard, set the emergency brake, put both hands on the top of the steering wheel, wait for the officer to approach, speak to the officer in a civil and professional manner and comply with all lawful instructions.

You'll also find that being honest works wonders with LEO's.

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
When the officer turned on his lights he/she had selected the spot for you to stop. You decided to ignore the officer's lawful instruction to stop immediately. By exercising poor decision making you earned an additional charge that you should pay an attorney to handle this matter.

Here is how your could have beat this ticket. Try this retarded method: Stop immediately, roll down your window, turn the car off, place the keys on the dashboard, set the emergency brake, put both hands on the top of the steering wheel, wait for the officer to approach, speak to the officer in a civil and professional manner and comply with all lawful instructions.

You'll also find that being honest works wonders with LEO's.

I was being honest with the LEO, I wasn't comfortable with that spot so I moved forward.

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
roll down your window, turn the car off, place the keys on the dashboard, set the emergency brake, put both hands on the top of the steering wheel, wait for the officer to approach, speak to the officer in a civil and professional manner and comply with all lawful instructions.

Did this, I was raised with manners and I know arguing with officers doesn't get you anywhere. I just bitched about it after I was on my way.

Machdup1

Established Member
I was being honest with the LEO, I wasn't comfortable with that spot so I moved forward.

So you admit failing to comply with a lawful instruction or did you not comprehend that a lawful instruction had been given?

Are you going to use the "comfort level" as your defense to the charge in court? Do you feel that is a winning strategy? An attorney might refer to that defense as retarded.

Either way, you will need an expensive attorney to dispute this charge. You'll find that not complying with lawful orders gets expensive.

See my previous post for instruction on how to avoid this ticket in the future.

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
So you admit failing to comply with a lawful instruction or did you not comprehend that a lawful instruction had been given?

Are you going to use the "comfort level" as your defense to the charge in court? Do you feel that is a winning strategy? An attorney might refer to that defense as retarded.

Either way, you will need an expensive attorney to dispute this charge. You'll find that not complying with lawful orders gets expensive.

See my previous post for instruction on how to avoid this ticket in the future.

I get that, I just feel it's much more safe to pull off the road if you can. Like I said, I went a couple hundred feet with my hazards on, it's not like I was blatantly ignoring him.

Machdup1

Established Member
Did this, I was raised with manners and I know arguing with officers doesn't get you anywhere. I just bitched about it after I was on my way.

I think you erased the part where I wrote "Stop Immediately" as the first part of that series of instructions. Are you still uncomfortable with that simple instruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread