WTF? Got 87 in a 65, going uphill in my slow Explorer...

King$nake

Banned
Yea, I have a 95 Ford Explorer, and the thing has really high mileage and drinks alot of gas and is slow as hell. I have 4.0 V6, but only 185 HP. On a flat freeway, I can hit maybe 90 MPH if I want to push it, but thats pushin hard.... (yea, it sucks)

anyways dudes, going from Escondido to Valley center there is a grade thats about 20% incline. Its about 6 miles long, and its steep. I had it floored coming up the hill and red and blues hit me. I pull over, got cited for 87 in a 65! Explorer owners speak up, you know these things are slow.

pisses me off

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
well were u looking at the speedo? I am sure the cop didn't pull that speed out of his ass. I had a 4.0 explorer and could peg the 100mph governor easily.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
If you're going to contest the citation, don't say "My car won't even go that fast". That one is as over used as "My speedometer is broke". Good luck whichever way you go.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Among other things I own an Explorer Sport..............I know, but I need something to haul crap around in so if you are going to haul crap, you might as well drive crap.

It will exceed 87 mph. Good luck with the citation. :beer:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
lol. check the sig. my car is a DAWG!! I can barely hit 85 on a decline. up hill it will do no more than 75. my speedo may be off tho as I have larger than stock tires on it. only 92k miles tho. Good luck on the ticket.

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
umm just tell the judge you are a Seagull fan and you deserve to win something... GO STEELERS!!!

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
mswaim said:
Among other things I own an Explorer Sport..............I know, but I need something to haul crap around in so if you are going to haul crap, you might as well drive crap.

It will exceed 87 mph. Good luck with the citation. :beer:
Sports have SOHC 4.0 those are beast :) 210 hp

As far as the 95 not going 85+ I'm going to have to call bs. My mom had a 96 when I was in highschool and they are plently quick enough to hit the limiter

motoman991

Banned
i have had my 96 grand cherokee with the 4.0 to 111mph going slightly downhill if that helps. i had it up to 110 on flat land before

Last edited:

munnmotorsports

Established Member
OrgasmicSVT said:
Sports have SOHC 4.0 those are beast :) 210 hp

As far as the 95 not going 85+ I'm going to have to call bs. My mom had a 96 when I was in highschool and they are plently quick enough to hit the limiter

96=95???? hmmmm guess ur mom didnt have a 95 so may be alittle diff...

UCNTWIN

Banned
Id say contest the ticket, if you can afford a lawyer, if not contest it through written declaration, if you are found guilty apply for a trial de novo, you should be at least eligible for traffic school by the end of your court troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread