WTF.. 3rd gear (never seen this)

Dickie

Arizona Heat Sux
Established Member
went to track tonight, did one run perfectly fine. no probs.

i let the girl cool down for about 45 mins (yeah i usually wait longer, but i was amped up by getting my new 1/4 best)

next run:

2nd gear burnout as usual. i launch, get some wheel hop (i have mgw shifter/MM bushings/FORE diff. cover and 315 bfg d/r) but fight through it a little bit. anyways i hook back up cleanly and try to shift into 3rd and can't, after popping it in neutral letting clutch out i can shift into 4th.

i look at the video that my buddy was taping and when i shifted in 3rd my reverse lights came on :eek:

anyways, i let her cool down for about 2 hrs and proceed to go home and she ran perfectly.

so with that being said... any ideas on what the hell that was about? and any solutions?

i know i wasn't shifting into reverse, lol. i mean you have to put one hell of effort to shift in to reverse.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
No clue about the reverse lights, but I have trouble getting mine into 3rd at times as well...plus I have all the shifting mods!...I think when the Terminator gets hot, it's all over

Jefe

Established Member
Ill put the vid up when I get home. Was definitely scary seeing your rev lights come on. Like I said though Ive gone from 4th to 5th before and accidentally hit reverse but it wouldnt allow me to get it into reverse. Made an awful noise

SVT543of2003

Established Member
That happened to me once too on a pass. People asked me if I put it into reverse instead of 5th. Never knew what happened, but I put in an MGW shifter, the steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster and the shifting is buttery smooth now even powershifting.

Jefe

Established Member
[ame=http://s906.photobucket.com/albums/ac265/JJonesIns/?action=view&current=Dickie.flv]
th_Dickie.jpg
[/ame]

postalbunny

Established Member
Found a related post... GM board though,

[ame=http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251119]Reverse lights turn on when shifting into 3rd - LS1GTO.com Forums[/ame]

Perhaps it has something to do with how fast your shifting, maybe a relay that activates the rev lights is getting magnetized and is passing current? Hopefully someone with T56 experience can chime in. Very interested in this one,

I'm sure a lot of people at the track thought you just slammed it into 3rd.

Riceater52910

Established Member
The lock out in the T56 shouldnt even allow you to come close to hitting reverse if you moving over 5mph or something. Basically if everythings working properly there should be no possible way to miss 5th.

Users who are viewing this thread