Wtb/wtt : 99-04 Irs

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Currently stock piling parts for my 2.3 Turbo project and have decided to sway the car towards a road racing bias. Would like as complete a unit as possible. For shipping purposes, it will be coming to the Seattle, WA area.

Also, I have a 8.8 out of a 96GT complete caliper to caliper with 3.08's. Diff has never been cracked and has 62K miles. Would be willing to make a trade if that suited the potential seller.

Thanks in advance.

82Mustang

Established Member
off topic, saleen09 do you still have the fender rolling tool? good luck with the IRS swap i've heard nothing but good about it, i've also seen a guy use the thunderbird supercoupe IRS even though the mounting points are totally different, he made it work

saleen09

Established Member
82Mustang, returned your PM. Sorry for the delay.

JohnnysCobra, any IRS from 99-04 will work. What you got?

vr4_007

Established Member
You know, if you did the labor, I MAY be intrested in a trade.

I have wanted a solid rear end for some time now, but the gears are a tad on the weak side.
My IRS comes with the brace.

saleen09

Established Member
You know, if you did the labor, I MAY be intrested in a trade.

I have wanted a solid rear end for some time now, but the gears are a tad on the weak side.
My IRS comes with the brace.

Interesting proposition which I am capable of making happen.

Only thing would be your location. I couldn't see it taking more than a solid day to get your car dialed and out, but would hate to be up against breaking your only ride home... :)

You'd need springs/shocks/and a catback as well which I could get for the swap........

saleen09

Established Member
Also, I'll get pics up of my solid. It's been under a trap/board for ~ 2 years behind my garage so besides some surface rust, it's ready to go.

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
You'd need springs/shocks/and a catback as well which I could get for the swap........

Will it need a driveshaft?

If you do the labor that sounds like a pretty good deal other than needing gears after you get it home...

Last edited:

blainestang

Established Member
Dang... Sounds like you'll beat me to the finish line, but I had the very same idea.

I've got a 2.3L '93 Notch in the garage, with a Turbocoupe 2.3T and an '03 IRS waiting to go in. Unfortunately they could be waiting a while.

Good luck... We should compare notes.

What's your plan for swapping in the 2.3t as far as VAM, DIS, MAF, etc and tuning?

vr4_007

Established Member
Interesting proposition which I am capable of making happen.

Only thing would be your location. I couldn't see it taking more than a solid day to get your car dialed and out, but would hate to be up against breaking your only ride home... :)

Sounds good. When are you looking to get this finished up?
My scheduel is kinda crazy, but I believe I can afford to spare a day toa day and a half. Sad part is, that Im going back to weekends and will only have weekdays off.

I am located in Central Wa, so I would be willing to take my car out to where you are at.

My ehxaust is a SLP LM1 with new Flowmaster super 44's welded in. Will I be able to use your springs? or am I going to have to source them as well. Also, with what was said about the driveline, do yo uknow if mine will work.

Let me know, if we can make somthing happen I would be down for this. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread