WTB: Whipple 3.4l supercharger

56Ford

Established Member
I want to buy a whipple 3.4 or larger does not need to be a crusher inlet, PM me with what you have

SVT Zorro

Established Member
when you get your 3.4 or larger blower let me know of you have to modify the hood with out mess of K member spacers..I have a 2.3 Gen 2 and want to upgrade as well. thank U

98termiswap

Established Member
you will need k member spacers and you will have to have a smaller upper pulley so usually that means you need a really small lower so you dont make to much boost, i have a 2lb lower and a 4inch upper and its close to hitting 3 inch cowl hood with 1/2 inch k member spacers

SVT Zorro

Established Member
you will need k member spacers and you will have to have a smaller upper pulley so usually that means you need a really small lower so you dont make to much boost, i have a 2lb lower and a 4inch upper and its close to hitting 3 inch cowl hood with 1/2 inch k member spacers
if you install K member spacers will affect the appearance of raised front end? Thanks useful info...….

SVT Zorro

Established Member
It moves your engine lower. I’m not sure what you mean by raise front end..
Since the lower arms are mounted on K member and K member is attached to the body just wondering if by installing those spacers between the k member mounting points and body of car the front end of the car goes slightly up making the wheel gap bigger.....make me wonder again if those spacers are really raising the front end of the car along with the hood and K member never moves down or engine goes down .. there is no way just to move engine down because is mounted on the "V" of K member so there is no way to move just the engine down unless the mounting points of engine are modified to go more down... is just my thinking if by installing those spacer you really are moving the front end a little higher …..I guess I would like to see pictures before and after … I installed an UPR K member on my Cobra and will like to see some pics of some one with these spacers before and after the installation ...thinking to go to a bigger blower like the 2.9 or 3.4 and need to know for sure of some one done these tell me the experience of doing this, taking advices...according with LMR kit # MMKM21S K member spacers from Maximum Motorsports k members with stock springs will affect height except the one equipped with Front coil overs springs that you can adjust to go back to previous ride height...... thanks

Last edited:

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
Like you've alluded to, it depends on if you have coilovers or not. The front ride height will not be changed with k member spacers if you have coilovers; no adjustment is needed. Stock type springs however are a different story, since the car is being supported by the the k-member instead of the shock towers. You'll raise the front of the car by however thick the spacers are. I run a 3.4 Crusher with a 4" upper pulley and stock hood. With the 1/2" k-member spacers, I have no clearance issues. I also have full MM suspension including coilovers, so ride height changes aren't an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread