WTB Vortech Power Cooler for 01 Cobra/03-04 Mach1

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I'm looking for a Vortech Power Cooler for a 01 Cobra/03-04 Mach 1. Please PM or post in this thread if you have one for sale at a blue collar price.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I know someone has one sitting around, and you know you are never going to put it on your car because you have already bought a better system.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn I was gonna sell mine a while ago.. But it's not a blue collar price as it's highly modified.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Damn I was gonna sell mine a while ago.. But it's not a blue collar price as it's highly modified.

WOW! What a tease money bags.........................................I'm glad you have it going on.

If you are not going to use it and would like to sell the item you are not going to use at a "blue collar price then feel free to post up or PM me. Otherwise just keep it or chuck it in the trash so no one else can ever use it and you wont feel like you wasted your easy money on it.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm so confused by your post lol. Good luck with finding what you're looking for.. They pop up from time to time.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I am a little confused by yours too. What mods have you done to your power cooler? Are you willing to sell or was, but not going to anymore?

projectslideway

Established Member
I've got a 96-98 aftercooler, water box, pump, and heat exchanger for sale in the market. You would have to remove the 96-98 aftercooler hat and have the 99-01 hat welded on.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I've got a 96-98 aftercooler, water box, pump, and heat exchanger for sale in the market. You would have to remove the 96-98 aftercooler hat and have the 99-01 hat welded on.
Thank you for the offer. I would prefer to have a direct fit.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I am a little confused by yours too. What mods have you done to your power cooler? Are you willing to sell or was, but not going to anymore?

I have a C&R GT500 heat exchanger with dual fans, a custom bypass valve setup using a mondo bypass valve, and a custom power pipe so then you don't get maf wash. I was running a Miezere 25gpm pump, but I sold that off since I'm doing a custom rear tank setup now. That setup was forsale a while ago, but I got no interest and I decided to keep it instead of going with a A/A as I can get the IAT's colder with this setup. The main thing is that no one wanted to pay for it when you can go A/A. Only serious drag racers would benefit from it or the person that is smart enough to dump a bag of ice in a tank lol. If you would have posted this up when I had my shit for sale I would have sold it. Lot's of people think that A/W setup is junk and won't hold power, but the fact is that the core inside the cooler is bigger and better than the ones that the 04 Cobras run in the valley..

Last edited:

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Sounds like a awesome setup. I'm still a little new to Mustangs and centrifugal blowers so I would like to stick with stock parts or known kit parts until I get some more experience before attempting custom work. I ran a Weiand roots blower on my Z28.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I gotcha. Well it's a good setup, but could be improved on by a bigger heat exchanger and pump.. The rest is just the bypass valve setup because the stock one doesn't hold much more than 10psi

VA-Mach1

Established Member
My air still needs some cooling. I searched through all the old for sale threads and found a few coolers. I text, emailed, and pm'ed the sellers but had no replies yet.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
If you have upgraded and have the stock Vortech cooler just sitting around then help me out. Don't leave me full of hot air. If you have upgraded don't be greedy. Why leave parts laying around that you are not going to use. Sell it to someone who will appreciate and use it. Thank you.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Thank you. I found a complete kit on craigslist. It has already been delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread