WTB Struts/springs/mounts for 05-10

08Eleanor

Established Member
Like the title says I am looking for a set of complete front struts with springs and mounts. I don't care what they are, as long as they work, so since I am looking to spend less than $100 I was hoping I could get someones old stock setup if they have it lying around.

I just had my strut mounts replaced but they already failed so I am just trying to get a stock setup before I either get an air ride suspension or coil-overs, hence why I am not trying to spend much.

Lmk if you can help me out, the noise they make now is so loud its embarrassing and annoying to hear constantly.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Like the title says I am looking for a set of complete front struts with springs and mounts. I don't care what they are, as long as they work, so since I am looking to spend less than $100 I was hoping I could get someones old stock setup if they have it lying around.

I just had my strut mounts replaced but they already failed so I am just trying to get a stock setup before I either get an air ride suspension or coil-overs, hence why I am not trying to spend much.

Lmk if you can help me out, the noise they make now is so loud its embarrassing and annoying to hear constantly.

Did you buy them new? Who replaced them? Why not just put new mounts back in? You might end up in the same situation buying somones old parts.

08Eleanor

Established Member
Well I bought a complete stock suspension setup off a 2012 gt500 with 500 mi for $80, as I planned on doing air or coils when I got the money.

The mounts failed after a very short while, and I bought new 2013 mounts and figured they would be compatible. The shop said they weren't fitting right but I put them on anyway as I didn't have a better option at the time. They said it wasn't seating right at the top where the plastic part meets the spring.

I figured it'd be ok for a while, but they failed again after only like 1-200 miles. Good thing I only paid $12 on eBay for them off a new '13.

I looked at the strut and the only part number is on a tag, which is apparently the engineering number, and that is BR3V-18045-GB

Called ford and they can't find that part at all so I don't want to just get new mounts because I don't know what fits, and don't want to keep wasting time and money on this, so I'd rather get a complete front strut with everything together so I can just slap them in and go.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Well I bought a complete stock suspension setup off a 2012 gt500 with 500 mi for $80, as I planned on doing air or coils when I got the money.

The mounts failed after a very short while, and I bought new 2013 mounts and figured they would be compatible. The shop said they weren't fitting right but I put them on anyway as I didn't have a better option at the time. They said it wasn't seating right at the top where the plastic part meets the spring.

I figured it'd be ok for a while, but they failed again after only like 1-200 miles. Good thing I only paid $12 on eBay for them off a new '13.

I looked at the strut and the only part number is on a tag, which is apparently the engineering number, and that is BR3V-18045-GB

Called ford and they can't find that part at all so I don't want to just get new mounts because I don't know what fits, and don't want to keep wasting time and money on this, so I'd rather get a complete front strut with everything together so I can just slap them in and go.

If your struts are from a GT500, then any GT500 strut mount will work with them. Only the 11-14 GT struts use a unique mount. I would recommend the FRPP M-18183-C kit. It can be purchased through Tasca Ford (or several other Vendors here) for about $105 for the pair.

I've installed several sets of '11-'12 GT500 struts, and M-18183-C mounts on 05-11 cars. All without a problem.

Unless they're incorrectly installed, they should last about 100,000 miles.

Last edited:

08Eleanor

Established Member
Well something's obviously wrong, and I can't confirm they are or are not from a gt500, but that is where they are supposed to be from.

What's weirder is why the stock ones failed so quickly as well.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member

08Eleanor

Established Member
Thanks but not looking to spend that much on a basically stock setup.

I checked all gt 2008-2012 engineering numbers and they were all wayy different than what's on my strut. The engineering number off a 2012 gt500 w out svtpp is basically the same with a 18021 or something in the middle which makes me think its not a gt setup and is in fact an early 12 gt500 part or something.

Also isn't the spindle size different on a gt and what exactly is different about the mount?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Thanks but not looking to spend that much on a basically stock setup.

I checked all gt 2008-2012 engineering numbers and they were all wayy different than what's on my strut. The engineering number off a 2012 gt500 w out svtpp is basically the same with a 18021 or something in the middle which makes me think its not a gt setup and is in fact an early 12 gt500 part or something.

Also isn't the spindle size different on a gt and what exactly is different about the mount?

The spindles are the same for GT and GT500, but they were changed for '11 and newer. The balljoint is a different size on '11 and newer so the spindle is different to match.

The top of the shaft on the '11-up GT strut is machined differently, so it requires a different mount. If you in fact have GT500 struts (which I think you do), then any GT500 or 05-10 GT strut mount will work just fine. Why yours failed twice is anyone's guess, but my guess is incorrect install, or mismatched parts somehow.

What springs are you running?

As for the kit I listed, those are KR struts and GT500 mounts. They're pretty dang good if you ask me. Especially for the price. And they're brand new, and absolutely will work. That would take all the question and guesswork out of what you're trying to do.

///Bruce

///Bruce
Established Member
I might have a solution... Stock struts and shocks. But I can sell you a set of the FRPP springsnwith the 1.25" drop for...... Wait for it...$200 plus S&H. I just spent $2.5k rebuilding my suspension. Is what came off of my car.

The true trick is to get the upgraded strut mounts. While you're und there check the front LCA ball joint and bushings.

Ping me at [email protected] if interested. They're already boxed and ready to be shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread