WTB- Stock little to no mods

99kblightning

Established Member
Thanks - there are too many cheapskates here that think they can get something for nothing. I am SO tired of this mentality - mostly ignorant people that have no understanding of value. The excuse of the down market and loan value is BULL**IT.

As for this individual thread, this 60,000 - 70,000 mile, mild mod truck will cost in the range of $14,500 - $16,500... again dependent on year.

99-00 not desireable due to always questioning the leaky intercooler. 99's have no tint on the rear window. You also get the crappy headlights, fog lights and grille's.

01-02 very good years for these trucks, but is the start of the clear taillight fad. True Blue is the rarest color and holds its value well as a collectible

03-04 - Introduction of Sonic blue, dark shadow gray and mineral gray. These trucks have the added leaf springs in the back and sit way too high.

I agree with this as im selling my 99lightning and there are way to many people trying to get alot for next to nothing Ie market etc bla bla bla.
but I dont agree in the years any year gen 2 is great.most have intercooler update,and the headlight and tails are an easy cheap swap.alot of older ones also have newer motors with 8 thread heads,as my truck has all of these done!

tistan

Established Member
Are you ready to buy, or do you have to wait for your truck to sale? I am thinking about selling my 04 silver with 38k miles. It has a catback and a coldair kit. I'll probably ask around $19k

DSC00267.jpg

tistan

Established Member
Well keep me in mind. Mine is payed off and the title is in my desk, so no having to the bank and mess with all of that. I forgot it also has a set of centerline billet aluminum wheels.

01svtL

Established Member
Yea, Mr. 02 listed the difference b/w the years, but only the cosmetic differences. They go much deeper than that. The True Blue Lightnigs will NOT be like the teal 93's. For one, there was only ONE fox body cobra. That alone is one of the reason the 93's are increasing in value ... kinda.

Also, there was NO mineral gray Lightning, ever.

The 01-04's have the 90mm MAF's, and are 380 hp stock, compared to the 360hp of the 99-00's.

Please don't get caught up in paying more for a color. If the truck itself was not made for 5 years, then I would say yea, pay a little more for the rare color. Besides, there has never been a highly-modified rare car that was worth more than the same rare car in stock form. Rare cars are worth more as they came from the factory, always. With all the misinformation he is giving out, I'm not sure how he figures he is an authority on the subject....

rjleiker

Established Member
oh ok, sweet... ideally I would like to have one with the 8+ thread heads and eventually swap over to 01-02 wheels, as I like the industrial look of them better. An 04 would be ideal because I like the idea of the extra leaf spring. Still trying to sell the Ranger... ugh, can't get the weather to stop being dumb so can clean it up good so it looks like something worth buying.

600RRgoal

Established Member
Don't worry about "collector" colors. I personally don't see it holding true whatsoever, for example, the '96 mystic Cobras - weren't they around $30k new? I've seen sellers having trouble selling with 1k miles for nearly half of what they cost new. Maybe way into the future it'll hold more value, but make sure you don't put ANY miles on it.

Good luck in your search, took me 2 or 3 years to finally jump on a Lightning, and it was well worth the wait. I got everything I wanted for a price I couldn't pass up.

I wouldn't buy from a seller trying to tell you what they "think" their truck is worth. Do your research, and if the price is fair, go from there.

Personally, I was only looking for a Lightning that was either completely stock or had very few minor bolt-ons (mine had a catback and K&N filter). IMO, if someone thinks a vehicle is going to be a "rare collector," it should be 100% stock, with extremely low mileage.

Again, good luck!

Last edited:

rjleiker

Established Member
my truck is finally sold, and it will be in the other guys hands by 8/11/10, so I'm ready to start heavily considering which lightning I want, so if you've got one in as close to stock form as possible let me know.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Interested in an 03 White, 66k, clean with basic bolt ons (xcal3, Maganflow catback and mids, KN CAI, 6lb lower) solid truck but looking to get back into a cobra as reason to sell. Haven't made a FS thread yet but if interested pm me for more details.

rjleiker

Established Member
sorry, but I'm looking for something that hasn't been touched. I know those seem like minor mods for most Lightning owners, but I am looking for one to just stay stock and drive until I get done with college.

rjleiker

Established Member
bump...
I think I've decided that I like the Sonic Blue the best, so my first choice would be that color in bone stock form with preferably less than 70K miles on it.
If anyone has got one, or has seen one around, on here or on another forum, let me know, I"m ready to be a lightning owner. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread