WTB: Stock Eaton S/C

585_Mustang01

Established Member
Hello all, unlike most people i do not have a Cobra:shrug:
I own a 2001 gt with a rebuild bottom end and a few other upgrades to the engine. After trying to trade mine for a cobra for about a month i'm ready to slap a supercharger on myself. I want an Eaton because it will be less likely to blow up my engine than a nice KB or something more powerful.

Also the price is unbeatable on this site, i am hoping to spend around 500 less if possible after all i'm a poor college student :read:

Thanks for looking guys, also i'm new to the site so send me a pm because i'm not sure how i keep sending visitor messages.

To contact me my name is Kyle phone: 585-402-8944
Email: [email protected]

585_Mustang01

Established Member
Yeah so, i completely forgot these eaton's are going to be 4v so i change this thread to, anyone with answers on how to do a cheap kit to make a eaton work or a cobra motor.

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
Yeah so, i completely forgot these eaton's are going to be 4v so i change this thread to, anyone with answers on how to do a cheap kit to make a eaton work or a cobra motor.

Hello fellow NYer, try eBay for a supercharger for your car. There are usually some floating around.

Massie02GT

Established Member
You're going to need the Tork Tech adapter kit to make this work on your car. Unfortunately they are the only company that makes the adapter kit. I'm going through this build right now. I'll tell you...it's not cheap.

The intercooled kit from Tork Tech is a little over $2,000+ shipping and that doesn't include the blower, heat exchanger, etc. I am already over $1300 in parts and I haven't bought the adapter yet. All said and done, I will be in this well over $4k after tuning.

Your best bet if you're trying to save some money and pick up some power is a used Vortech/ProCharger or Nitrous. Other than a Kenne Bell, the Eaton 2v is the most expensive route you can go to get supercharged.

Hope this helped. You can message me if you have any questions about my build/parts/prices or anything else.

Edit: As far as power levels go...an Eaton will make as much power as a KB will depending on what pulley/boost level you run. Don't think that an Eaton is less likely to make a peep hole in your block, because it can happen if you run too much boost. But if you have a built bottom end with forged internals...turn up the boost and enjoy.

Last edited:

585_Mustang01

Established Member
Thanks for all the help guys. If anyone else stumbles upon this thread and is interested in trading their cobra for a 2001 gt let me know. Any year cobra, pm with extra questions about my car if interested.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Here's where you come to throw away your life savings. Make sure the cobra comes with a cardboard to live in :)

Users who are viewing this thread