WTB stegmeier 2.49 pulley

jesustits

Established Member
Hello I was just seeing if anyone had one of these laying around they wanted to get rid of? Let me know thanks!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Hello I was just seeing if anyone had one of these laying around they wanted to get rid of? Let me know thanks!

Last reply is spam. Seriously though there is a reason no one else made these. Need more boost, get a 4# lower, this is belt slip city.

Not sure they even fit on a sotck Eaton without machining the support ribs on the snout.

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Plus I could be wrong but I thought the snout had to be machined down some for it to fit due to the small inside diameter of the pulley!

Edit:
Black02GT, I completely missed your statement about the pulley not clearing the ribs on the snout. I do believe that is the case though.

Last edited:

jesustits

Established Member
When I bought my car a few years back it had been ported by stegmeier an had a 2.49 yellow pulley From stegmeier. When we took the supercharger off it was bumped off our work bench an bent the hell out of the pulley.

If I’m not able to get one should I just get a 2.76 pulley an 4lb lower? I believe I was around 15-16lbs of boost running the pulley from Steg.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
When I bought my car a few years back it had been ported by stegmeier an had a 2.49 yellow pulley From stegmeier. When we took the supercharger off it was bumped off our work bench an bent the hell out of the pulley.

If I’m not able to get one should I just get a 2.76 pulley an 4lb lower? I believe I was around 15-16lbs of boost running the pulley from Steg.

That would be my choice! Better belt wrap and less slip.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks man I’ll see if I can find a new lower an upper!

I'm more of the 2.93/4# mind set, Posi did some testing and the 2.76/4# gives your more heat and not much power gain. Search around ported pulley combos have been debated to no end. Either way I'd have my tune checked after, might end up at a different boost level. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread