WANTED: WTB notch Fox

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Looking to purchase a CLEAN notch preferably a 90-93 doesn’t really matter what color as long as it’s super clean. Roller or complete car also doesn’t matter just looking for something super clean to do a build.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ive been searching myself. They are going for insane amounts of money. Was considering taking the motor and trans out of my Gen 1 Coyote and putting it in.

I have not found one at a reasonable price but I have found a couple over at Racingjunk that were clean. Id check there ull have better luck with a roller.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It's very difficult to find a CLEAN Fox Body. I started randomly looking about 10 years ago, but got a little more on the serious side 5 years ago. I was looking on Ebay and through Google for sale ads. I added a notification through Ebay to receive emails every time someone listed a Fox Body. I looked through a site called Gateway Classic cars (Ended up buying my 89LX Hatch from these guys) and another site called Maple Motors out of TN (There's a 93 notch on there now with an 01 Cobra motor swap in it. They wanted $17.5K for it, but have since dropped it to $15.9K). There are guys on YouTube that have channels and mess with these cars. One that comes to mind is "The Infamous Project." Maybe reach out to him and see if he has something or knows someone.

During my search I found a lot of these cars are either ragged out or ridiculously over priced. They are out there, but not sure you will find a clean one at a price you are willing to pay, especially with a Notch. Everyone wants those now.

Good luck, be patient and be flexible and you will get something you can be happy with.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I’ve found 3 already that I liked and wasted money on a carfax just for the owners to say that they won’t take deposits on the car and basically who ever rat races to them the first one their gets the car. Just incredibly frustrating thanks for the leads I’ll start checking their frequently also.

triple-s

Established Member
Just go to car shows and if you see a clean one offer them a price. Money always talks and everything is for sale for the right price. If I got offered something really good for mine that thing will go.

68gtscode

Established Member
My brother is going to be putting one up for sale pretty soon. I’ll probably post it up here when it’s ready to go. It’s in Albuquerque NM.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but are notches hard to find these days? I bought one about 5 years ago and it’s been stashed away in my shop because I figured a black 5-speed car was somewhat not common on the market, but I haven’t kept up with the market after I bought one.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but are notches hard to find these days? I bought one about 5 years ago and it’s been stashed away in my shop because I figured a black 5-speed car was somewhat not common on the market, but I haven’t kept up with the market after I bought one.
No not really. I'm looking at them almost daily on eBay and pages on Facebook. It's just what are you willing to pay for one these days. I bought mine in early 2019 for 17k, now it would probably sell for 23-25k for the "right" buyer.

And honestly, people say finding a clean foxbody mustang is hard these days. BaT, eBay and other sites list them all the time.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
No not really. I'm looking at them almost daily on eBay and pages on Facebook. It's just what are you willing to pay for one these days. I bought mine in early 2019 for 17k, now it would probably sell for 23-25k for the "right" buyer.

And honestly, people say finding a clean foxbody mustang is hard these days. BaT, eBay and other sites list them all the time.

I never had a doubt Fox values would rise given it was such a popular car for a great generation. I don’t see a lot of Fox Mustangs that have been “restored” yet, as was the case with the Chevelle and such of that era. I think it will happen and a clean Fox on the market won’t necessarily be a low-mileage example and instead have had a good restoration. They might be more plentiful if this happens, but the juice would have to be worth the squeeze, meaning they won’t be any cheaper.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I never had a doubt Fox values would rise given it was such a popular car for a great generation. I don’t see a lot of Fox Mustangs that have been “restored” yet, as was the case with the Chevelle and such of that era. I think it will happen and a clean Fox on the market won’t necessarily be a low-mileage example and instead have had a good restoration. They might be more plentiful if this happens, but the juice would have to be worth the squeeze, meaning they won’t be any cheaper.
I agree. It's crazy how many super low mileage ones are still out there that get listed for sale. But given the production numbers just from 87-93 it's not surprising.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree. It's crazy how many super low mileage ones are still out there that get listed for sale. But given the production numbers just from 87-93 it's not surprising.

I have paid attention to the Cobra market more than the rest and yes, there are several low mileage cars that have come up. It’s kind of surprising to me because there was a time they were a dime a dozen. In high school I frequently went to a used dealer that only dealt in fox mustangs and they were $3500-$4000 all day.

68gtscode

Established Member
Since the thread is veering off track, I'll provide my two cents (perhaps free for a reason)... Like TK1299, my perspective on many cars is stuck in the past. In my mind, a very nice original low-mile coupe still "seems" like a sub $10K car, but that is not today's reality obviously. I feel many people suffer from the same form of denial, which is why we all hunt through FB and Craigslist looking for a unicorn that may or may not exist, complain about the current market, and reminisce about the good old days.

There are many other cars like this. Take the old air-cooled Porsche 911s. One of my brothers has always been a huge enthusiast of these, and I remember looking at some nice examples back in high school that were around $6K-$7K... Now the same car is selling for $125K.

Anyhow, like most others on here I keep a constant eye out... like a Cobra camouflaged in the wilds, always alert and ready to strike when the right Fox coupe presents itself.

Users who are viewing this thread