WTB Mystic touch up paint!!!!

asskickn88

Established Member
I just picked up a 96 Mystic and need a little bit of touch up paint. I have no major stuff to fix, just some little rock chips on the bumper. I just need a little bit so if anyone has some hanging around or knows where I can get it please let me know! Thanks!!

dawssvt

1998 SVT Cobra
Established Member
You can only get it from Ford... they will just not sell it to you, you have to get a ford rep to come touch it up...

asskickn88

Established Member
I did some research.... I found they did have it and you could buy it but the shelf life was only a couple years so what they had went bad. I'm still hoping that someone has a little bit around. This is really only for a few small rock chips that I want to take care of.

HeavyRightFoot

STRAIT TO THE TOP
Established Member
Don Kott Ford
(310)816-2664
21212 S Avalon Blvd.
Carson, CA 90745
Try calling these guys, they show a bottle on my locator, they should be able to mail it to you.

asskickn88

Established Member
GasHog98 said:
Don Kott Ford
(310)816-2664
21212 S Avalon Blvd.
Carson, CA 90745
Try calling these guys, they show a bottle on my locator, they should be able to mail it to you.
Thanks, I'll give em a call today!

*edit* I called and after a few min he came back on the phone and told me that he had it right in his hand.... then he told me he couldnt get the agitator in the bottle to move. He opened it and found the paint had dried up from sitting. I guess this was a common problem with this paint. Oh well, thanks for the info. :(

Last edited:

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
i have got it from ford svt in the past. does have a prob with drying up though.

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
You should still be aable to get it call 1-800-fordsvt and tell them you need the touch up paint for a 1996 mystic cobra because when I had some body work done to my ar they sent the mystichrome paint instead.

LSWHAT??

asskickn88 said:
I just picked up a 96 Mystic and need a little bit of touch up paint. I have no major stuff to fix, just some little rock chips on the bumper. I just need a little bit so if anyone has some hanging around or knows where I can get it please let me know! Thanks!!

I got some less than a year ago from SVT, it was $50 for the little bottle. I think I might have some left, I'll check it out and let you know if it is still good.

MyLEEN00

Established Member
I got a little bottle of touch up paint that came with my car. I dont know how much it cost, but the previous owner said he got it from the ford place.

Users who are viewing this thread