WTB: kenny brown rear upper and lower control arms

torquemonster

Established Member
Looking to buy rear upper and lower tubular control arms by kenny brown for my 99 cobra, any help would be much appreciated!!!

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have the complete set of upper and lower control arms. These are brand new parts with the KB serial number sticker on them. They come with the adjustable sway-bar end links and bolts for the lower coil over mount.

Make an offer!

I also have the complete Delrin control arm bushing set for same. These bushings are my design and I manufacture the only set available. The bushing set runs $400.00 delivered. And it will cure the wheel hop and undesirable control arm bushing deflection you get with those shitty polyurethane bushings that come installed in the arms. :-D

kbdelrinkitzq4.jpg

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

torquemonster

Established Member
Do you have pictures of the kenny brown upper and lower control arms including pictures of the serial nuumbers? And do they come with the stock bushing set that normally come with the kenny brown control arms? Or do I have to purchase a bushing set?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
torquemonster said:
Do you have pictures of the kenny brown upper and lower control arms including pictures of the serial nuumbers? And do they come with the stock bushing set that normally come with the kenny brown control arms? Or do I have to purchase a bushing set?

I can get some pics up but it's going to take a while possibly. We have a house full of company coming and a wedding this weekend.

Yes the arms come with the poly bushings. But if you're going to want them to articulate freely you're going to have to sand about .020" off of each face of the poly bushing. The bushing is wider than the inner sleeve is and it binds on installation. Just like the ones I installed on my car three years ago.

Here's a pic of the installed control arm supporting a 14" rotor from my GT500 that weighs 25#.

weighted0.jpg

Stay tuned.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So, instead of replacing the alternator in my motorcoach, I decided to have a few beers and do something a little less stressful. Here are the pics of the KB IRS control arm set:

kbirscontrolarmsetkg0.jpg

Upper control arm serial number:

kbucaserialpc9.jpg

Lower control arm serial number:

kblcaserialne0.jpg

Upper knuckle mount:

kbucaknucklemountpd6.jpg

Lower knuckle mount:

kblcalowermountfp9.jpg

Inner sleeve shortness (OK, I was off, it's more like a millimeter on each side):

kblcarfgu6.jpg

Here are the adjustable sway bar end links, the lower coil over mounting bolts and the instructions:

kbinstsheetshdwwe7.jpg

Just for shits and giggles, the weight of the KB UCA:

kbirsucawtfv8.jpg

And the Ford UCA:

fordirsucawtks0.jpg

KB LCA:

kbirslcawtnm7.jpg

And the Ford LCA:

fordirlcawtgn8.jpg

Also, in case you or anyone else in interested, a KB front diff support:

kbfrontdiffsupportry6.jpg

And it's serial #:

kbfrontdiffsupportseriaos7.jpg

The control arm set, by its self, was $1,200.00 from Kenny Brown Performance. As you know, these are no longer being produced. I will also have available the rear steer kit as well. I'm going to be making my own version and will be improving it like I always do. So if you are interested in that as well, that may also be available

Let me know if you have any questions!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Trey:

To answer your PM, here is a photo of the front diff brace iterations:

torquebrace1yn8.jpg

Don't quote me on this but I think they either changed to the good one in 2001 or 2003. I'm not sure.

But if you have your original one, it looks like the one that came off of my 2000 R which is the one on top. This one sucks. Throw it away as far as you can. You need either the '03-'04 style that's in the middle or an aftermarket one on the bottom. (The aftermarket ones all look pretty much the same)

FYI

Bruce

torquemonster

Established Member
o haha from that angle it looks more recognizeable....i already have that part i believe, but it is banged up and has some rust on it so i'll prolly buy that as well ...i'll send you another pm with updated offer for you to sleep on ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread