WTB KB BLOWER! 2.4,2.6,2.8? My 2.4 just locked up!

venmizd

Established Member
i have a 2.4 Kenne bell and it just locked up. it only has about 8000 milkes on it and i havent been hard on it. it had a 3.2 upper on it. doubt KB will do much about it. the guy on the phone there friday was kind of a jerk and said they prob dont have parts for it anymore. just moved from nashville tn to virginia beach 2 weeks ago and now my cars not running and i have to do something.

anyone have one for sale that willing to make a good deal? 2.4, 2.6, 2.8?

venmizd

Established Member
whats it worth to ya and what the price on fixing it and is there anykind of warranty? i think it prob needs everything replaced on the inside. the rotors locked up but the pulley was still turning.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Personally if I had an 8k mile kb that shot craps and they basically told me to get bent, I sure as hell wouldn't be looking for another. "Whipple" would be the only word on my mind. Nice to know KB's campaign regarding top to bottom reform of their customer service improvement was nothing more than propaganda.

rtusnake

Established Member
I'm sure the plastic coupling inside is broke if the pulley is still turning but something inside like you said is locked up. I maybe interested in the blower as well if you get another one

96tangcobra

Established Member
whats it worth to ya and what the price on fixing it and is there anykind of warranty? i think it prob needs everything replaced on the inside. the rotors locked up but the pulley was still turning.

Price to fix would depend on the damage of course..As would the price I would give for it.Basically right now without me looking at it I cant give you a price on any of it.If the rotors and case are screwed then its basically worth its weight in scrap..

trmn8in_03cobra

Established Member
if KB is going to treat you that way, i wouldnt buy there products. come on....8000 miles!! he just said, we prob dont have parts for it. Not like he mentioned trying to replace or repair it or even offer to look to see what parts they have available. sound like there customer service isnt very good. i read alot about KB issues. i havent read many problems about whipple and have heard good things about there customer service. i thought about going KB awhile back just cause i loved the whine they produce but my 2.3 has been great to me and im glad i kept it. just my 2 cents

venmizd

Established Member
just wanted to let everyone know that kenne bell is replacing my blower with a new one. the guy that is on here for kenne bell(mike) was really a great guy and talked with jim for a couple days and came up with me paying a lil to get the new one cause we are not sure exactly who is to blame. might be a lil of my bad also for not checking the oil for a couple months. just didnt ever check it that much cause i didnt think anything really would hapn to it and if the oil was coming out i wuda seen it on the floor or something. so im am totally pleased with the way they helped me out. like i said mike was really a great help!

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
always KB failure stories I hear about and not ever Whipple, glad to see that KB is doing the right thing

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
wow, i was about to say i read way too many stories about KB that end bad for the customer with no help and they get screwed, i am glad KB manned up and did somethign good.

Users who are viewing this thread