WTB GT500 in Florida

Westbayou

Established Member
Since I can't seem to find a Terminator for realistic money that hasn't been beaten to death, I'm shifting gears and looking for a GT500. I'm in Sarasota, FL, and I've got a max budget all in of $32,000. I'm looking for a coupe (no verts), prefer stripe delete but don't mind certain combos. I'm good with miles as this will be a weekend toy, and mods are even better. Prefer black, blue, or gray, but don't mind red or white if the price is right. Red leather interior is an automatic deal killer for me, too many memories of getting carsick in some beater with red interior as a kid.....

Let me know what you've got. I'd love to pick up a 2010, but a 2007 in the mid-20's leaves me $$$ to mod.

gtmuscle

Established Member
I have a red 2007 with white stripes, red and black interior. Lots of mods, 18300 miles and 706/696 @ wheels for 32 k firm

SSThunder

Established Member
Yeah probably not a lot in FL at this time. You can search Auto Trader or other car site and should find something but you end up buying of a stealership and you know how they are lol

Westbayou

Established Member
I have a red 2007 with white stripes, red and black interior. Lots of mods, 18300 miles and 706/696 @ wheels for 32 k firm

Your car sounds pretty sick, but red is really not what I'm looking for, even red stripes in the interior are a no go.

SSThunder, I've been checking Cars.com, Autotrader, and Craigslist daily with no success. There was a nice 2008 Vert that popped up locally for $27K with CCW's on it but it was gone in 24 hours (and I'm looking for a coupe). I've started thinking about buying a 2011+ Coyote and throwing a blower on it and saving myself $10K. I'm pretty dumbfounded there just isn't more out there, and what I have found that I like have pretty crazy prices on them, like $40,000 for a 2007 with 45K miles on it...... There is an absolutely SICK gray 2010 in Tampa but at $37K it is just out of reach financially.

SSThunder

Established Member
Your car sounds pretty sick, but red is really not what I'm looking for, even red stripes in the interior are a no go.

SSThunder, I've been checking Cars.com, Autotrader, and Craigslist daily with no success. There was a nice 2008 Vert that popped up locally for $27K with CCW's on it but it was gone in 24 hours (and I'm looking for a coupe). I've started thinking about buying a 2011+ Coyote and throwing a blower on it and saving myself $10K. I'm pretty dumbfounded there just isn't more out there, and what I have found that I like have pretty crazy prices on them, like $40,000 for a 2007 with 45K miles on it...... There is an absolutely SICK gray 2010 in Tampa but at $37K it is just out of reach financially.

I'd go the Coyote route personally. There is a guy in our local car group that is running 10.06 at 136 with a 2014 GT A6 with Gen2 TVS and other mods. I expect him to be into the 9's real soon. Seems the 07-09 Shelby is limited to around 725-750 HP then you need a built engine. I don't hit the truck much so I'm probably not going to do much more to mine. I should be at around 570 or so to the wheels with current mods. Only other mod I might go is a Trinity and larger intercooler as mine is stock. I'm also not really looking to sell mine. I usually keep my cars 1-2 year lol but I'll probably hold onto this one. I got plans to build a pole barn garage so I can work on my own stuff. My attached 2 car is a mess right now. I've got a DD I'm working on so no room for my baby. She's been sitting outside for a month now.

JLEAR is the user name of the guy with the 2014 GT. He's on here and you could probably message him and see what mods he has and what he has into his setup. His car is fast and consistent.

Last edited:

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
There are a lot of Coyotes with VMP/On3/Hellion kits running in the 9's with basic suspension/tune/tires. I traded my Coyote for my 2014 because I just always had a hardon for the Shelby, lol -- maybe the name, who the hell knows. lol... all about in what attracts you to the car, but, the money thing does kind of suck.

I can tell you that I got my 2014 GT500 randomly at Sarasota Ford during the fall in 2014.. and my 2013 GT500 around this time the year before... they're out there, just gotta keep looking. The older ones are a bit harder to find, since you're relying on the private parties to sell, and we all kind of have our emotional attachment to them. For example, my car isn't worth more than the low 50's... but, I wouldn't sell it unless the number started with a 6, lol...

Good luck with finding something though. I had a friend pick one up just by browsing car shows and talking to the owners to gauge if they had any interest in selling.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
What is your realistic price for a well maintained Terminator with stock motor / tune?

Westbayou

Established Member
What is your realistic price for a well maintained Terminator with stock motor / tune?

Depending on mileage I was looking in the $18-20K range, but now I'm having to put everything on hold while I buy a new house that popped up out of the blue. Looks like I'm out of the market for a few months until I can get this place bought and my old home sold. Having to use my play money to finance the whole process. DOH.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've been looking for a 07-09 gt500 too. There is a red with white stripes, under 19k miles for $30,000 in fl if you're interested.

I like you was looking for a terminator but just couldnt find a coupe with reasonable miles for a reasonable price so I switched to a gt500.

Users who are viewing this thread