WTB full set of alcoa wheels

shelbysvt

Established Member
As the thread title states I WTB a set of alcoas either finish used or new doesn't matter. Will pay good money to someone willing to part with their wheels. If you have new unused ones I'll offer more. If you have actual super snake ones PM me and we'll talk.

thanks

speedrx

Established Member
There is a guy in Houston willing to part with his set but he wants $6500, let me know if you want his contact info

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I tried to buy a set of SuperSnake Alcoas on ebay last month, Someone offered the seller $7500.00 and he took it.

Last edited:

shelbysvt

Established Member
I tried to buy a set of SuperSnake Alcoas on ebay last month, Someone offered the seller $7500.00 and he took it.

Unless those were actuale engraved super snakes I don't believe it. If that happened, that is the absolute exception and that buyer was retarded.

There is a pair of 20 inch KR alcoas on ebay for 5k only. Those are the rarest wheels out of all alcoas since only 3 were ever made. They were never available to the public period. Whether it was for sale or a KR conversion, and they sold for only 5k.

I've been tracking ebay for the last 2 months and seen all regular alcoas sell for under 4k and super snake ones sell for between 4-5k max.

Last edited:

shelbysvt

Established Member
There's some chatter on the Shelby forum about getting Alcoa to make another run of wheels. I'd hold off a bit.

I know about that. But even if it does go through which is either way right now, they probably won't have them made till like January or Febuary and I need the wheels within the next 2 months.

speedrx

Established Member
I am looking for a set also but with supply and demand, the prices are outrageous right now. I am not going to pay $5K - $7K for a set, I am expecting another production run but like you said, not sure how soon that will happen.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I am looking for a set also but with supply and demand, the prices are outrageous right now. I am not going to pay $5K - $7K for a set, I am expecting another production run but like you said, not sure how soon that will happen.

Oh I won't pay anywhere near 5-7k dont worry lol. But if Jer comes through in the next month and its guranteed then I'll hold out.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Unless those were actuale engraved super snakes I don't believe it. If that happened, that is the absolute exception and that buyer was retarded.

There is a pair of 20 inch KR alcoas on ebay for 5k only. Those are the rarest wheels out of all alcoas since only 3 were ever made. They were never available to the public period. Whether it was for sale or a KR conversion, and they sold for only 5k.

I've been tracking ebay for the last 2 months and seen all regular alcoas sell for under 4k and super snake ones sell for between 4-5k max.

Ive tracked ebay all summer, and the cheapest set was $4200. the rest were between 4750 and 5k.

Here is a link to the Super Snake Alcoa's the sold for $7500:

ebay Super Snakes

R U TRIPIN

Established Member

The KR rims only came in a 18 inch wheel.

08KR525

Established Member
The 20" KR engraved Alcoas were on the Vista Blue '08KR and Silver '08KR prototype show cars. Supposedly only three sets were produced. The production cars recieved the 18" due to better performance on the track.

shelbysvt

Established Member
The KR rims only came in a 18 inch wheel.

Look at what the latest poster just said :).

3 protoypes were made. One set is in the shelby museum. The other was damaged and given to a certain person. The 3rd set seems to have just sold on ebay for 5k.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Ive tracked ebay all summer, and the cheapest set was $4200. the rest were between 4750 and 5k.

Here is a link to the Super Snake Alcoa's the sold for $7500:

ebay Super Snakes

Are you sure about these? I saw these too they were at 4750 in the last 5 minutes. It doesn't say on the link that they sold for 7500.

Plus a member on here who was selling black alcoas was asking 4500 sold them on ebay for 3950. I think your confusing regular ones with super snake ones.

And this isn't a thread to debate price its a thread for someone who wants to sell their wheels or an owner whose willing to part with them for the right amount of cash.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Are you sure about these? I saw these too they were at 4750 in the last 5 minutes. It doesn't say on the link that they sold for 7500.

Plus a member on here who was selling black alcoas was asking 4500 sold them on ebay for 3950. I think your confusing regular ones with super snake ones.

And this isn't a thread to debate price its a thread for someone who wants to sell their wheels or an owner whose willing to part with them for the right amount of cash.

I'm not confusing anything. Those were SuperSnake wheels. I contacted the seller after he pulled the auction. He said he had a cash offer for $7500 from a local buyer. I had offered him 5k.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I'm not confusing anything. Those were SuperSnake wheels. I contacted the seller after he pulled the auction. He said he had a cash offer for $7500 from a local buyer. I had offered him 5k.

Then that was an EXTREMELY desperate buyer. Doesn't make the wheels worth 7500 just because one idiot paid that much.

There is a saying that goes something like if you can count all the exceptions to the rule then the rule still stands.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
My point was simply that these wheels have been going up like crazy, for the past few months. I was lucky enough to get a brand new set from a generous member here last month for $2500 shipped. Good luck with your search!

shelbysvt

Established Member
My point was simply that these wheels have been going up like crazy, for the past few months. I was lucky enough to get a brand new set from a generous member here last month for $2500 shipped. Good luck with your search!

VERY GENEROUS indeed. I passed on a set that was selling for that much before I even knew about how the market was. Now I'm kicking myself in the ass.

If I got them at 2500 it wouldn't matter whether shelby made them again or not.

Users who are viewing this thread