WTB-Fuel pressure gauge electric sending unit

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I was stupid and mounted it on the fuel rails. Now it is sending crazy signals to the gauge and the readings are all over the place, and stick sometimes at outrageous readings. I almost though it was an FRPS sensor, but the car has not died and is running stonger than ever.

I tried looking at a few sites linked from the autometer website for vendors, but could only find the entire kit. PLease help me. I don't want to be a ricer and have an inoperant gauge in my bezel!

Thanks

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Contact Autometer's customer service first, as they may replace it for you.

You could also try your local speed shop and see if they would be willing to warranty the part for you. A place you've done some business with would probably lend a hand.

My guess is you have a faulty sending unit from manufacturing, and not from mounting it on the rail. While the instruction do caution against this, I've not experienced any failures from this practice. Remote mount is better, but I believe your sending unit might have had issues from new, only now surfacing after a little use.

Good luck on fixing the problem.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Summit sells them individually. If you can't find it on their online catalog, call them. While you're at it, order the 90 degree elbow and a 2 foot stainless line and isolate the sending unit. Take a look at the "how too" section here or do a search. There is an excellent write up on what is needed to isolate the sender. I actually ran mine under the cowl next to the windshield wiper motor. It is factory looking, completely safe from the engine and elements, and there is a fantastic place under there to run your wiring into the car.

Users who are viewing this thread