WTB: FRPP SVT-1, SGT/5GT, or Bassani Race Mufflers

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looking for Bassani "Race"; Steeda or SLP LM-1 muffler deletes...

May also consider FRPP GTA's.

Found SVT-1 and SGT's and bullitts...so looking for louder stuff now.

LMK whatcha got. :beer:

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
I've got a pair of brand NEW Bassani axle-backs I'm thinking of selling. These are unique. They are 3-inch pair from this set:

Bassani 3'' Catback & Power X Pipe 2007+ Shelby Mustang GT500 [5407R5] - $812.25 : Lightning Force Performance

.... but have been modified with 2-1/2" inlets from the stock axle-back. Basically they are these:

Bassani SS 2.5'' Axle Back Exhaust 2007+ Shelby Mustang GT500 [4607SR5] - $456.00 : Lightning Force Performance

but use 3-inch pipe. The tips are 4-inches.

If you like pics before, during and after the modification, please e-mail me at:

[email protected]

My GT500 was used to make the modification so that they will be a true bolt-on to the stock mid-pipes. Once this was completed, it was tempting to at least start the engine to hear them, but I resisted. They have never had exhaust gases flow through them.

I'll take $425 shipped to the lower 48. This price is lower than the lowest price I can find, $456 shipped from LFP (link above) and if you ever decide to go to a full 3-inch system, you won't have to buy another pair of axle-backs.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looking for another set of svt-1's?!?!?:dw:

Yeap :lol1:

2ijg29.jpg

Blue was what I was after, then Dad saw the white/red...which matches out '89 5.0 (also white/red) and he got all sentimental :lol:

Still looking for mufflers....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Updated list.

Looking for louder stuff now.

Also have a pair of Bassani "Street" axle backs available f/s.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I have a set of SVT1's in stock that I'll sell at cost and free shipping... $575 shipped. They have been installed for 20 mins, but they're still new and in perfect condition.

If you care to hear the reason... My back counter guy handed out the wrong ones. We were supposed to install the SGT's on a GT, but my tech installed these ones instead because that's what he was given. 20 mins later when I saw the SGT mufflers still on the shelf, I hastily had the mufflers swapped before the customer picked up the car. This is why I'll sell them at cost and eat the shipping.

Let me know if you're interested.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Just an update...

Thanks for the offers guys!

Don't need another pair of SVT-1's now...got Pop's happy with his. I started him with them and went through about 6 sets of muffs, now he's back to them.

I just bought a Bassani Race...

I now have a pair of Bassani Street and SGT's f/s if anyone is interested.

Now only looking for the FRPP GTA's at this point.

Thanks!

breoland

Established Member
im interested in the sgt, can you post me the link of which ones these are. i am confused with the sgt and the 5gt and now svt1. i have no idea which one is which

as dumb as it sounds, but can you send me the link to each one of these
thanks in advance

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
thanks for the help, i think i see where i was confused, the 5gt and sgt look the same...which one is louder of the 2 and what is the diff in sound, i cant tell

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
thanks for the help, i think i see where i was confused, the 5gt and sgt look the same...which one is louder of the 2 and what is the diff in sound, i cant tell

Other than the descriptions saying the SGT being for the "SVT", and the 5GT being for the "GT"... I don't know. They do look the same, and the descriptions are the same, so who knows.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
The SGTs are GT500 specific and the 5GTs are for Mustang GTs. I have tried both. The 5GT's tips stick out too far out the rear, while the SGTs fit perfect. The 5GTs are a bit louder and have a drone. The SGTs are not as loud and don't drone as bad. They are basically the same Borla Stinger muffler, but the SGTs have extra baffles inside them to quiet them and give them a tuned sound. I kept my SGTs and I highly recommend them. :beer:
BTW, the SVT1s and the GTAs are too quiet to even consider, but the KRs probably sound the best on these cars, but IMO are the ugliest of the bunch.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The SVT1's are quiet inside, but sound "right" outside.

The FRPP GTB/"Bullitt" mufflers should have been the OEM muffler for the car, slightly louder outside with the prettier rolled tip.

I'm getting ready to try the GTA's just for fun.

I've heard the same thing about the 5GT tips sticking out further than the SGT. The SGT's are baffled internally different than the 5GT/Stingers; the the SGT's are a little deeper/smoother to me.

Users who are viewing this thread