WTB eaton m112 supercharger

oscarhdz

Established Member
i looking to buy a eaton m112 supercharger with plenum and tb, lower intake and intercooler, stock or port, please send me a message if you have one and how much are you asking for it and some pics, i need it for my 5.4 32v swap i made for my mustang 99, dont worry i have the adapters for the 4.6 fit on 5.4, right now i have my cobra 99 intake on the 5.4 engine, please let me know what you have. thanks.

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
I have one that I will be selling soon, bought a ported one so selling my stock one, comes with a 2.76 BF upper with brand new HUB on it. Will let you know when I take it off the car

Ironhand

Banned
Adapters dont fix the coolant crossover and the timing cover issue.

I do 4.6 to 5.4 DOHC swaps.

oscarhdz

Established Member
the coolant crossover thats no problem, but whats the problem with the timming cover? im not planning to install the cobra 03 04 timming cover on the 5.4, ill make it with the oem timming cover from the 5.4

oscarhdz

Established Member
im going turbo now, cause i read that the eaton m112 on a 5.4 doesnt work well its too small, so im going turbo now, thanks a lot for your offers.

Ironhand

Banned
the coolant crossover thats no problem, but whats the problem with the timming cover? im not planning to install the cobra 03 04 timming cover on the 5.4, ill make it with the oem timming cover from the 5.4

I make it work.....

im going turbo now, cause i read that the eaton m112 on a 5.4 doesnt work well its too small, so im going turbo now, thanks a lot for your offers.

Yes a M112 is too small for a 5.4. However you can always put a 2.2KB, 2.3 Whipple, 2.3TVS, 2.4KB, 2.6KB, 2.8KB, 2.9 Whipple, 3.3 Lysolm, 3.4 Whipple, 4.0 Whipple on it instead.

oscarhdz

Established Member
i imagine that a kb or whipple could work but we are talking about 5,000.00 there, so a friend of mine its selling me his turbo kit fro 1,800.00 and will be making a lot of hp, i think i can make with the turbo like around 500 whp

Ironhand

Banned
i imagine that a kb or whipple could work but we are talking about 5,000.00 there, so a friend of mine its selling me his turbo kit fro 1,800.00 and will be making a lot of hp, i think i can make with the turbo like around 500 whp

All that trouble for 500whp? Plus the added weight of the 5.4.

You can usually find those blowers(depending on which one and mileage) used for around 3K or under.

oscarhdz

Established Member
its cause im kind of new to the 5.4 set ups, im still doing some researchs on what can i do with it, but how much hp would i do with the kb or whiple?

Ironhand

Banned
its cause im kind of new to the 5.4 set ups, im still doing some researchs on what can i do with it, but how much hp would i do with the kb or whiple?

Depends on the size of the blower, what octane gas you are using etc.

But 700rwhp on pump gas isnt hard to do.

oscarhdz

Established Member
but running that kind of hp i will need to change my rods and all of that, or not? cause they say that the navy rods bend/brake running more than 500 hp

Ironhand

Banned
but running that kind of hp i will need to change my rods and all of that, or not? cause they say that the navy rods bend/brake running more than 500 hp

Navi rods... They are indeed weak but I would worry about the piston to wall clearance and the piston rings. Also never take a horsepower rating at face value. Some last beyond a specific point while others break much earlier.

oscarhdz

Established Member
and does the kb or whiple fits on the lower intake? and why did you said that i will neeed to change my timming chain cover

Ironhand

Banned
and does the kb or whiple fits on the lower intake? and why did you said that i will neeed to change my timming chain cover

Yes, I make the lower intake fit both the heads and any 03-04 Cobra blower.

If you want the blower equipment to work on a 5.4 then you either need to heavily modify a Navi timing cover(Done that) or make an 03-04 timing cover fit the 5.4 which Im currently doing. By modifying an existing timing cover I run into less belt alignment issues and I can cut the cost to the customer because it involves less labor to do it that way. It isnt necessarily easier but it is cheaper.

oscarhdz

Established Member
ok so lets say i find a kb or whiple can you be able to make all the modifications i need to install it on my 5.4? and can you tell me all i need in order or find to see whats the total i need to spend to have it running? i know that i need the blower, intercooler, lower manifold, heat exchanger and hoses,and know i know i need a 03 04 timming cover, what else?

Ironhand

Banned
ok so lets say i find a kb or whiple can you be able to make all the modifications i need to install it on my 5.4? and can you tell me all i need in order or find to see whats the total i need to spend to have it running? i know that i need the blower, intercooler, lower manifold, heat exchanger and hoses,and know i know i need a 03 04 timming cover, what else?

Ill have to put together a list and PM it too you in the next day or so.

Users who are viewing this thread