WTB Cobra East coast CO,Mystic, OW,SB,Redfire, etc(tri-state) Specifics inside

Cobra84

Established Member
WTB:Cobra East coast CO,Mystic,OW,SB,T.Red, etc. East coast $26k max Specifics inside

Looking to buy a 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra. The search area would include states such as Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington D.C, New York, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Ohio, Connecticut, etc. I want to stick with finding a Cobra as close as possible. Mainly east coast would sum it up or the majority of states that MACA has members from. If you would like to check, my location is Middletown, Delaware 19709.

Price: $21,000-26,000

Colors: Competition Orange

Mystic Chrome

Sonic Blue

Oxford White

Dark Shadow Grey

Torch Red

Silver

*Colors are in order of which I would prefer most.

Miles: more than 20,000 miles but less than 45,000 miles

Seat color- does not matter; must have stock Cobra seats still.

No Convertibles!

*Anniversary cars acceptable

No Cobras with Turbo, nitrous, KB, Whipple,

No Cobras with a roll cage

No stock Cobras

No solid axle Cobras

No swapped automatic Cobras

No head ticks, driveline vibrations

Clean Carfax, no lemons, rebuilt titles, salvage cars

Preferably free from any accidents or paint work

No door dings or large scratches

Cobra must have the original engine and transmission, with no work internally done to the engine except maybe the 05 and up updated heads.

To sum it up, I am looking for a Cobra that has not been turned into a "race car", or a car that has sat in somebody's museum. I want a car that has been driven but in great condition still. I don't mind cars that have been to the drag strip a couple of times, or cars that have been to the dyno to get tuning done. I am looking for a weekend cruiser or a car that was taken to car shows on nice days. *Something around the area of 440rwhp- 525rwhp is ideal for me.:rolling:

After reading the last sentence you can get the impression that I am looking for a Cobra with basic performance upgrades. Things like a cold air kit, pulley, professionally tuned, shifter, head cooling mod, upgraded injectors, larger mass air, heat exchanger, exhaust; lowering springs, larger aftermarket rims/wheels (with acceptable tread remaining), etc are acceptable. Any questions just ask.

It should have a clean title, SVT certificate, owners manual, 2 sets of keys, and original floor mats.

List any parts that were stock, and are not on the Cobra anymore. I would be willing to take any and all stock parts you are getting rid of with the Cobra. In case at some point I would convert back to stock condition.

Any maintenance records are a plus! I would like any work performed on the Cobra to be documented with dates and cost.

Any recalls that have been performed are appreciated.:thumbsup:

Please contact me with any questions. I hope I have been able to describe a "picture" of what I am looking to buy.

I have been looking for a Cobra ever since before I sold my 2000 GT in March 2007. After not coming up with any nice finds I decided to post this want to buy thread to get some responses. Thank you for your time.:banana:

Thanks,

Chuck

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Both of these are dealers in VA that have Cobras for sale that might fit your needs.

www.hi-endauto.com

www.performanceautosport.com

Performance Auto Sport is in Richmond, VA and they are having their annual Open House/Car Show tomorrow (Sat. 7/12/08) from 9am - 4pm.

I have had personal dealing with both of these guys and they are good to deal with!

GL with your search :beer:

Last edited:

Cobra84

Established Member
Z28TH1S-Good find on the performanceautosport.com . On page 3 of their cars for sale they have a 03 Sonic Blue with 41k miles with a few mods for $24,900. My computer right now doesn't have the plug-ins to view the other link. I will check that out when i get home. Thanks for helping out though!

MIXXER- Your car is great looking! The price is just too much for what i am looking to spend on a Cobra. Thanks anyways

BLACKVNM

Established Member
This is a good ad, at least you're letting people know what you want so they don't waste your time or theirs!

I'm not "trying" to sell mine necessarily, but shoot me a PM if you would wanna talk about the silver 03 in my sig. It is immaculate and has 29k miles & very tasteful mods - full exhaust, ported blower, 2.76 upper, shifter, springs, etc etc. I'm on the east coast but am still a pretty good ways from you.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I've got an 03 redfire that fits your needs, even the price. If your willing to accept a redfire, PM me.

ss03cobra

Established Member
Both of these are dealers in VA that have Cobras for sale that might fit your needs.

www.hi-endauto.com

www.performanceautosport.com

Performance Auto Sport is in Richmond, VA and they are having their annual Open House/Car Show tomorrow (Sat. 7/12/08) from 9am - 4pm.

I have had personal dealing with both of these guys and they are good to deal with!

GL with your search :beer:

I got my cobra from hi-endauto good guy's.

Cobra84

Established Member
Yea i feel like if i am very specific in what i am looking for then it will be much easier for everyone. I am going to send out some PMs to see what svt members have to offer.

Cobra84

Established Member
Chuckers, GL with the search man. To bad you will be seeing my tail lights

In order to be seeing taillights the car has to be in a drivable condition. If its taken apart at a shop somewhere its not going much of anywhere fast!! LOL, let me know when Performance lets that beast loose!:beer:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
Friend of chuck's. I have a black mach 1 in middletown, it's currently for sale, so spread the word. You had the silver cobra over a matt's for a while, right? I've seen it there, it's badazz

Yeah thats my car. Its currently there right now. LOL its always there. I heard about you man, your car is nice. There is a guy trying to buy a mach one right now in NJ on this board. You should post it in the for sale section.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
In order to be seeing taillights the car has to be in a drivable condition. If its taken apart at a shop somewhere its not going much of anywhere fast!! LOL, let me know when Performance lets that beast loose!:beer:

Dude I could beat your car without a trans LOL.

insane99svt

Established Member
I know it says no whipples but if you change your mind check sig and you can turn the boost down to make 500whp and it would be much better than a eaton unless you want to do everything yourself

Users who are viewing this thread