WTB Brembo take off calipers

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Need a set of Brembo take off calipers. I know one of you have upgraded your calipers and still have your Brembos sitting on a shelf in your garage. Let me know what you've got.

Going to use them for powder coating exchanges.

Example.

Strip em down
dsc08620i.jpg

Mask em up
dsc08643b.jpg

Coat em.
dsc7744w.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Need a set of Brembo take off calipers. I know one of you have upgraded your calipers and still have your Brembos sitting on a shelf in your garage. Let me know what you've got.

Going to use them for powder coating exchanges.

Example.

Strip em down
dsc08620i.jpg

Mask em up
dsc08643b.jpg

Coat em.
dsc7744w.jpg

Sold my take off Brembo's to a guy in Germany.

What is the story with the Baers needing to be stripped and re-powdercoated? Color change? :shrug:

R

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Sold my take off Brembo's to a guy in Germany.

What is the story with the Baers needing to be stripped and re-powdercoated? Color change? :shrug:

R

The Baers came in damaged from leaking bleeder valves. Did them in the same colors.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The Baers came in damaged from leaking bleeder valves. Did them in the same colors.

During this past week I was having a heck of a time getting the bleeders to stop leaking/seaping brake fluid. I finally called Baer two days ago to ask about my brake bleeder leaks? The Baer tech told me that many people don't realize that the bleeders on these calipers are supposed to be torqued to 15-20 ft. lbs. He said sometimes even 25 ft. lbs. I have torqued mine to his recommendation and no more leaks. :thumbsup:

014.jpg

R

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
During this past week I was having a heck of a time getting the bleeders to stop leaking/seaping brake fluid. I finally called Baer two days ago to ask about my brake bleeder leaks? The Baer tech told me that many people don't realize that the bleeders on these calipers are supposed to be torqued to 15-20 ft. lbs. He said sometimes even 25 ft. lbs. I have torqued mine to his recommendation and no more leaks. :thumbsup:

014.jpg

R

Baer told me the same thing when I bought a rebuild kit from them. I don't have the balls to torque someone else's bleeders that tight! That's the last thing I need is to strip out a threaded hole. I did mention it to my customer though.

The guy from Baer also mentioned that some of these calipers have fine threaded holes while others have course threads. If I remember right they're a metric 10mm.

Some on TS have mentioned slightly oversized bleeders to correct the leaking problem.

I just bought a set of extra BREMBO's off of OsirisGT this weekend. Should have them in my hands by the end of this week!

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Did some more brake calipers this week. A set of Supra brakes, and another set of Brembos. (Yes, they're different shades of red.) I disassemble them, chemically strip off the old finishe, media blast them, then start coating. These sets have powder coated logos, so they were powdered white first. Logo masked off, then powder coated red. Finished with a powder coated clear, before being reassembled with brand new seals.

I've got an extra set of brembo calilpers and an extra set of rear calipers, so exchanges are possible. That way there's no down time.

Users who are viewing this thread