WTB: Blowfish street bracket for stock/non-mgw shifter

thundr306

Established Member
I am willing to buy a complete setup or just the "retrofit/version 2" rear mount. I have a complete version 1/race kit, but it makes my shifter buzz like crazy. Looking for something asap or will buy new.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I have one I would part with. Brand new never ended up going on the car.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I have a piece from a Blowfish kit that I didn't use as I have the MGW, but I have no idea which version it came from. You have a picture of what you want?

thundr306

Established Member
I need the three bottom pieces.

Screenshot_2016-04-12-22-02-23_zpsjjlbru8f.gif

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I have the most recent version (Race Spec) that has the additional pcs to fit MGW (ALL) including the Race Spec. Its a optional pc during install. My chime is basically just to let you know, even the most recent one the shifter rattles, vibrates or whatever u like to call the feel and noise after install. This apparently is normal after installing a BF. Because of the now solid remote mount vs mounting to the tunnel or under the shifter location, you feel everything the MT82 goes through. (hope that makes sense) With that being said, you BF may be just fine. The newest vs provides the option to pair with a MGW (ALL) and acts as a Drive Shaft safety loop.

thundr306

Established Member
I have the most recent version (Race Spec) that has the additional pcs to fit MGW (ALL) including the Race Spec. Its a optional pc during install. My chime is basically just to let you know, even the most recent one the shifter rattles, vibrates or whatever u like to call the feel and noise after install. This apparently is normal after installing a BF. Because of the now solid remote mount vs mounting to the tunnel or under the shifter location, you feel everything the MT82 goes through. (hope that makes sense) With that being said, you BF may be just fine. The newest vs provides the option to pair with a MGW (ALL) and acts as a Drive Shaft safety loop.

Yea, I understand. I just removed it for the last time. My friend has the same bracket, same shifter, but an aluminum driveshaft and his shifter doesn't rattle. I give up at this point.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I also have a Shaft Master Alum. DS and mine "Rattles"... I guess more as a heavy vibration or direct feel what its like to be directly mounted to the MT82 vs remote somewhere else absorbing the vibration. But interesting you say he does NOT have a vibration/rattle because I have read many cases ppl having this issue but not all. It is a common issue nevertheless. ;) After initial install, it somewhat scared me when I did a WOT pull (TT approx 700+ hp) My reaction was WHOA WTF! Then realized I was experiencing what I have read from other members. In a nurshell, it was a mildly violent difference from pre-install. Definitely something I had to get use to and understand that is the price you pay for mods and going fast. Cheap, Relaible, Comfort, Fast...all usually do not play well together lol

Last edited:

thundr306

Established Member
Well, I removed it for the last time. I am running a frpp/barton shifter. I reinstalled the two post bracket for the shifter and a Steeda trans mount bushing. What a difference! One used blowfish race bracket for sale...cheap...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread