WTB Blower for 04 Mach 1 !!

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I'm looking for a blower for my 04 mach, anyone selling let me know what you have. Thank you

crazycarlo

Established Member
if i were you and your a decent mechanic, id get an eaton swap, My buddy has one on his Mach and its awesome.

99riodragon

Established Member
don't know what power levels your looking to attain,but everything i have read has said that the novi 1000 is great for your mach and my cobra.i love my blower.the novi comes in a tad sooner than its big brother.and vortech has an undisputed reputation,cant speak for the procharger.ive been in a termi and in my 99 cobra with the novi.just me but i prefer my novi.

99riodragon

Established Member
if i had a eaton ide be in boost all day and have an empty pocket book due to gas consumption.the novi is the best of both worlds when you want it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
if i had a eaton ide be in boost all day and have an empty pocket book due to gas consumption.the novi is the best of both worlds when you want it.

It's not that hard to stay out of boost with a positive displacement. Just have to watch how far your foot goes into it.

And you can't really say it's the best of both worlds. A centri will never have the low end hit of a PD. And the PD won't usually have the top end pull of a centri. It all is going to depend on where you want the power.

Last edited:

99riodragon

Established Member
i meant it has the fuel economy of a stock stang and the power of a boosted one.my fault for not clarifying.i realize the foot in the pedal issue but how many really stay outa boost when you got boost from near idle to red line. not many.it was my fault for lack of clarification.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
its a catch 22.....any motor where you go blown the fuel consumption is going to suffer. However think about this.

ur going to want gears in a centri car and that will hurt gas mileage

in a PD car u dont need as steep a gear cause u make boost early.

So they kind of negate each other. Honestly id say do what u want and can find a deal on. I have a vortech S-trim and have had NO problems with it. Its an older unit it aligned perfect the first time and makes 433 to the wheels on 10psi and a conservative tune.

99riodragon

Established Member
its a catch 22.....any motor where you go blown the fuel consumption is going to suffer. However think about this.

ur going to want gears in a centri car and that will hurt gas mileage

in a PD car u dont need as steep a gear cause u make boost early.

So they kind of negate each other. Honestly id say do what u want and can find a deal on. I have a vortech S-trim and have had NO problems with it. Its an older unit it aligned perfect the first time and makes 433 to the wheels on 10psi and a conservative tune.

both of the above points are good and right on.but what gears would be best suited to daily driving in a centri.as you said the pd really doesn't need it cause it just blows the tires off anyways so gears would just enhance that issue.so far my stock 327s seem to do fine.im sure 373s would make a nice welcome change.i cant imagine adding gears now cause my cobra blows these tires off with ease. why add to that issue.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I may sell my vortech v2 s trim with after cooler

I'm keeping my options open, i love the sound of a twin screw/eaton but the ease of bolting on a vortech or centri kit looks like a better choice. Let me know what your looking to get blkmach2003.

Users who are viewing this thread