WTB: 99-04 Rear Hubs

bigpoppa822

Established Member
Doing the 5x114.3 swap on my Supercoupe, need a set of rear hubs from any 99-04 Cobra. Looking for hubs only, used is fine obviously. Thanks.

black 10th vert

Established Member
A cheaper alternative for you, would be to redrill the ones you have with the 5 x 4.5" b/c. I have done dozens of sets when I used to build IRS setups for the FFR cobras (which use Supercoupe donor IRS stuff). Any competent machine shop can do them for you. I used to do them on my Bridgeport with an indexing head.

bigpoppa822

Established Member
I have a pair of Ford NIB. $350.00 for the pair plus shipping.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Sure let me jump right on that :rolleyes:

A cheaper alternative for you, would be to redrill the ones you have with the 5 x 4.5" b/c. I have done dozens of sets when I used to build IRS setups for the FFR cobras (which use Supercoupe donor IRS stuff). Any competent machine shop can do them for you. I used to do them on my Bridgeport with an indexing head.

When redrilling the tbird hubs you also have to use drilled tbird rotors, I'd rather just be able to buy cobra rotors for it and just stick them on.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Sure let me jump right on that :rolleyes:

When redrilling the tbird hubs you also have to use drilled tbird rotors, I'd rather just be able to buy cobra rotors for it and just stick them on.

You are right about modifying t-bird rotors, but I used the Cobra brakes on my '65 replica by machining some spacers to keep the rotors hubcentric. Probably more work than you are looking to do, but just thought I would throw it out there to give you another option. Also, keep in mind, that you can't just bolt on Cobra brakes, and go. You will also need adapter plates to mount the Cobra calipers to the t-bird spindles. Not sure if you knew that, but it isn't as simple of a swap, as just changing the hubs...

bigpoppa822

Established Member
Hubs list at the Ford dealer for about $230 EACH!!! :read:

Buddy of mine works at a Ford dealer and quoted me $110/ea his cost.

You are right about modifying t-bird rotors, but I used the Cobra brakes on my '65 replica by machining some spacers to keep the rotors hubcentric. Probably more work than you are looking to do, but just thought I would throw it out there to give you another option. Also, keep in mind, that you can't just bolt on Cobra brakes, and go. You will also need adapter plates to mount the Cobra calipers to the t-bird spindles. Not sure if you knew that, but it isn't as simple of a swap, as just changing the hubs...

I will be using the stock t-bird calipers with relocation brackets made by a member on the SCCoA. I've done all my homework on the swap, just trying to pick up some used hubs instead of dropping a bunch of money on new ones. They're the last part I need. I don't have any machining tools in my garage and would rather use OEM parts for a clean install and to make everything easier. I also don't like the idea of redrilling tbird hubs because it may weaken them and my car is far from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread