WTB '99-'04 Cobra rear hubs

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Anyone happen to have a pair of these lying around?

Be careful buying used hubs. The bearing diameter is very important and the condition of the splines is also very important. If a halfshaft retaining nut comes loose, the hardened halfshaft will wallow out the spline on the hub.

There is a considerable amount of labor involved in changing the hub. Don't run the risk of installing a bad part and have to do it over. I suggest buying new hubs. If you're replacing the hub, replace the bearing as well. We sell both on our IRS suspension order page:

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/1999-2004_Cobra_Suspension_Parts_and_Tools.htm

The hubs come from Ford in bare steel and rust badly immediately. We also sell them clear zinc plated as an option. I am not aware of anyone anywhere that offers plated Ford IRS hubs other than us.

Just the hub? 99-01 are different then 03-04.

All hubs from all years are the same and interchangeable. They have 28 splines. However, the number of splines on the inner connection point of the halfshaft (the end that goes into the differential) changed from 28 to 31 in 2001.

:coolman:

Dave_6

Established Member
Thanks Bruce! I've been thinking about that as well, so with these going on my daily driver I better do it right and get new ones. Do you have these and the bearings in stock?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks Bruce! I've been thinking about that as well, so with these going on my daily driver I better do it right and get new ones. Do you have these and the bearings in stock?

We usually have the bearings and hubs in both plain and plated in stock. But sometimes orders come in faster than we can replenish stock but it only takes us a day to restock.

Users who are viewing this thread