WTB: 96-98 Front Cobra Calipers

TheDoughboy

Established Member
Looking for a pair of 38mm PBR calipers with "Cobra" on them. Just need a set of cores with mounting saddles/brackets. Nothing fancy. I'll be rebuilding them for my daily driver.

Thanks, Ron

9CobraVert8

Established Member
Sounds good, Will do that when I get out in the garage tomorrow after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDoughboy

Established Member
Hey 9Cobra8vert, don't worry about the calipers...

I was on the way to work this morning and took a left hand sweeper under the freeway over pass (like I do everyday, maybe 5 miles over the limit) and hit a little black ice. We had a couple inches of snow yesterday and this off ramp to Hwy 2 is under the freeway and in the shadow of the sun.

The rear end slid to the right and I counter steered into to it and the the Cobra slid got stuffed into the concrete wall. It jammed up tight to the wall and followed the curve in the turn until it stopped. The passenger side is gone and both front and rear bumpers have damage. Both front air bags went off as well. Going to be a complete loss. I have full coverage insurance though but shit...

The DOT response truck tried to push me forward 5 feet pass the wall to the grass to make room but I was jammed up tight. He had to pull up front and hook up the chains the pull me sideways Away from the wall and off the road to the grass,

I am fine physically but not mentally. My super clean baby that Just clocked 78k miles is now totaled out :(

One less 1 of 536 Laser red with saddle leather verts on the road. The value of all the Other 96 red/saddle verts just went up in value. Your welcome ;)

Sucks because I just had a new cloth top installed two months ago. As well as new tires, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft, off road x-pipe and a Bama tuner. 2 weeks ago.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ron

Attachments

• cobra_ smash1.jpg
    cobra_ smash1.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 110
  • cobra_smash2.jpg
    cobra_smash2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105

9CobraVert8

Established Member
Holy smokes, at least you didn't get banged up...cars are replaceable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread